2021 - Winter - Audit Intern Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Edmonton - 112 views
Our office is looking for Interns to work in our Audit teams. These teams work with companies in various industries by developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their business’ opportunities and challenges. Our partners and managers are actively involved in the planning and execution of each audit and review engagement. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our team members perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to work on audit and review engagements in a team environment. Each member of the team is responsible for the preparation of specific sections of the working paper file and financial statements (cash, short-term investments, inter-company account balances). You will be exposed to corporate income tax issues as it relates to the sections assigned to you.
The majority of time will be spent at the client premises. The duration of a typical out of office engagement is 2 weeks, at most 8 weeks. Staff members will be provided with formal training on our specialized audit software as well as other applications used within the office.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Pursuing the CPA designation
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Strong Excel skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility and ownership of files, by independently managing work flow and presenting complete work on a timely basis
- Understanding the client’s industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Monitoring the progress of engagement teams against the original audit plan and providing recommendations on changes when needed
- Identifying and resolving routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally.
- Ability to travel as required
******* To be considered for this role, you must attach unofficial transcripts along with your resume as a single document *******
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
At RSM, youll gain access to an impressive client list and discover some of the worlds most dynamic companies. Our work cuts across more than 40 service areas and a broad range of sectors anything from premier league footballers and leading charities to FTSE 300 companies and major multinationals.