Accounting department representative Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Saint-Hyacinthe - 92 views
We are looking for an Accounting Department Representative for our growing team!
As the Accounting Department Representative, you ensure that you accurately process payments and refunds of premiums billed by the company or brokers on time, as well as reconcile and compile accounts or policies. Prepare files adequately, making sure you have all the necessary information depending on the task to be performed.
Here are some of the ways you'll get things done:
- Respond to inquiries from clients, brokers and the Underwriting Department regarding payments
- Accurately process and verify payments received, reconcile bank deposits (checks, internet payments and direct debits)
- Prepare, compile and distribute invoices, statements, reports, checks and policies in collection
- Enter billing statements and brokerage payments in the payment register and enter them into the Collection system
- Reconcile accounts or policies and resolve unpaid amounts (deposit, global payment), process check requests
- Verify and enter banking information, review new accounts or policies, change payment schedules and make premium refunds billed by the company
- Deal with and settle certain matters relating to payments, disbursements, billing arrangements, payment methods and discrepancies between accounts or policies.
- Carry out the transactions necessary to support the resolution of requests received and agreements made
Place of work: Saint-Hyacinthe (2450, rue Girouard Ouest)
- DEC in accounting or administration or experience deemed equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and efficiency
- Functional bilingualism (French and English), oral and written
- Good communication skills
- Be customer oriented
- Team spirit
- Decision making according to established criteria
- Good analytical skills
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word software
- Adaptability and flexibility
Here are some of the benefits that bring people to work with us:
- An inspiring and award-winning workplace that supports its employees and recognizes great work
- Challenging and ambitious projects and development opportunities that will help you develop your skills and advance your career.
- The flexibility to choose where and how you work.
- A comprehensive financial benefits package that recognizes your successes.
- A wide range of flexible benefits.
- Industry-leading employee share purchase plan with a matching contribution of 50% of net shares purchased.
- A loose dress code that encourages you to be yourself.
- A wellness expense account with a basic annual amount of $ 350 to support an active lifestyle.
Equal access to employment
At Intact, our values guide everything we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our commonalities. That's why we are committed to creating an inclusive and inspiring workplace for all employees.
If you need special accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to help you.
As a publicly traded employer and financial services company, it is important to us to act in the best interests of customers, our employees and our shareholders. We want Intact to be a great place to work! That is why we will ask internal and external applicants to consent to a background check so that we can find out more about you. Please note that a good credit report is required for positions with access to financial data or funds.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted job as long as you have been in your current role for at least 12 months and your performance is deemed good or your temporary contract expires. An external talent search is carried out in parallel with internal recruitment. Please note therefore that potential internal candidates may have been identified for this position as part of their development plan.
Right to work in Canada
It is important that you are legally authorized to work in Canada at the time the offer of employment is made to you. You may then be asked to provide proof of eligibility.
As Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, were not only leading our industry, but were redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, were committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.