Accounting Standards Advisor Full-time Job6 months ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 183 views
As an accounting standards advisor, you carry out complex projects and initiatives that involve interpreting and monitoring changes in the accounting standards used to publish the financial statements of Desjardins Group and its components. You serve as an expert advisor to the organization's units and stakeholders in matters relating to your area of expertise. You develop recommendations, solutions and action plans that require extensive knowledge of accounting standards in order to ensure consistency and balance between business needs, regulatory compliance and best practices. You lead or contribute to special projects and assignments in your area of expertise.
- Play the role of accounting standard specialist for the organization's units and stakeholders. As applicable, lead or contribute to special projects and assignments in your area of expertise.
- Identify, develop and recommend positions for decision-making bodies to ensure consistency and balance between business needs, regulatory compliance and best practices.
- Provide advice and assistance with regard to complex projects or initiatives that require accounting positions. Present selected accounting positions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Help plan and carry out complex work related to the interpretation and development of accounting standards that have a major impact on the financial statements of Desjardins Group components.
- Monitor the industry to understand and anticipate trends in your field of expertise and make suitable recommendations to develop best practices for the organization.
- Oversee and participate in the development of action plans to ensure awareness and dissemination of information or training for Desjardins Group stakeholders.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or in a related field
- A minimum of four years of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
Holding an accounting title CPA
For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation