Accounting Supervisor - Corporate Accounting Full-time Job7 months ago - Human Resources - Atlanta - 117 views
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for the general accounting activities associated with various SG&A expenses including Payroll and Fringe Expense, Bonus, Self-insurance reserves, Advertising, Interest and Debt, Supply Chain and other store operating expenses. The Accounting Supervisor leads a team of staff and/or senior accountants, establishes and maintains accounting processes, acts as a mentor for direct reports and helps guide associates in developing analytical and reporting skills.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring assigned accounts are accurate and in compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies
- Active participant in accounting throughout the month and in the monthly close process including reviewing below items prepared by accounting staff:
- Reclassification, accrual, allocation, amortization and other adjusting general ledger entries necessary to close the period
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet variance analysis
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations in compliance with internal policie
- Ad-hoc reporting and other requests
- Audit requests and other schedules to support the Annual and Quarterly external reporting cycles
- Partners with other groups and business partners as necessary to achieve desired outcomes
- Takes a leadership role in departmental training and development and is committed to work in a team-oriented environment
- Identifies and owns process improvements from beginning to end
- Collaborates and partners with cross-functional teams including Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Treasury, Payroll, Compensation, Risk Management, Tax, Financial Reporting and internal and external auditors
Nature and Scope
This position typically reports to an Accounting Manager. Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others in addition to personnel issues (including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates).
Environmental Job Requirements
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Education Required – The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program in accounting/finance.
Years of Relevant Work Experience – 3
Physical Job Requirements – Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications –
CPA, CPA track or International Equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Financial Analysis and Financial Acumen
- Supervisory Experience
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Computer application skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, SAP or other large ERP system, Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC), Account Reconciliation tools, Winshuttle, Tableau, etc
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority task
Our associates are the heart of our company markets fluctuate, trends change, but ultimately our people and culture power our success and enable us to make a positive impact on the customers and communities we serve. Its that perspective that helps drive our outstanding business results while creating a culture that encourages inclusion, passion and respect that extends beyond the company walls. We aim to provide the highest level of service to our customer every day so that our customers can tackle all of their home improvement projects no matter the size. Its our associates that help make do-it-yourself happen because DIY takes a team.