Accounts Payable Resolutions Officer Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Bedford Park-Nortown - 197 views
What is the opportunity?
Our RBC Accounts Payable team is continuing to grow as we manage business demands. With our increased growth, we are looking for someone to support our AP Caribbean portfolio and be a SME for our business care and vendor partnerships. If you know you have a passion for reconciliation, look no further because this might be the opportunity for you!
As an Accounts Payable Resolution Officer, you will be responsible for accurate, timely and complete processing of accounts payable transactions. You will also be responsible to effectively analyze issues and provide resolution to escalated vendor and business partner inquiries, using expert knowledge of accounts payable processes. You will identify continuous improvement opportunities, develop action plans and solutions as well as provide support to AP processors for escalations on accounts payable transactions.
What will you do?
- Takes ownership and accountability for the resolution of issues and concerns at the first point of contact; demonstrating a long-term perspective in addressing vendor/business partner concerns
- Provides consistent and high quality service in processing of accounts payable transactions within established benchmarks contributing to achievement of service levels
- Ensures all documents/data are examined for completeness and accuracy, and takes appropriate steps to correct any errors or omissions
- Proactively identifies and recommends solutions to recurring errors and service gaps; acts as a referral point/Subject Matter Expert (SME) for sales and service RBC employees
- Maintains generic mail box to ensure inquiries are answered promptly, within Service Level Agreement and assist in cross training of other team members as needed
- Exercises due diligence in following operational risk policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Assist in reviews of procedure documents, audit requests and SOX reviews
What do you need to succeed?
- 2 years of operations experience in a financial sector environment
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to prioritize activities to ensure objectives are met
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications, intermediate to advanced excel
- Some knowledge of all Regulatory and Compliance rules, Internal Audit reviews
- Knowledge in Accounts Payable
- Knowledge in Great Plains and PeopleSoft
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma (LSS) or process improvement
- University or college degree in accounting, finance, business preferred
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
How we do business is as important to us as the business we do. Whether youre helping our clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, youll be a part of a culture of employee engagement that makes RBC a great place to work.
We are proud to consistently be named one of Canadas Best Workplaces and Top 100 Employers, and to be recognized as one of the Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital. Explore our current opportunities and learn more about what its like working with us.