Actuarial analyst Full-time Job4 months ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 151 views
In your role as actuarial analyst - individual insurance, you contribute to the development activities of individual insurance products as well as to the establishment, validation and monitoring of their pricing in order to support a profitable growth.
You exercise an advisory and support role with customers and partners within the framework of various mandates. You offer solutions to improve products or optimize standards and procedures, policies and programs. The nature of the files and projects requires considerable and careful research of the individual life and health insurance market.
You develop recommendations, solutions and action plans, according to the orientations and objectives of the organization. You contribute to the resolution of complex problems, requiring analysis and in-depth knowledge of actuarial mathematics applied to insurance products. Linkages are frequent and you are called upon to interact with various stakeholders working in complementary areas of expertise. Mastering interpersonal relationships then becomes an essential skill.
- Contribute to various development activities, studies, analyzes, monitoring and actuarial calculations related to the pricing of individual insurance products
- Target, enter, analyze and interpret the information and data necessary to support the decision-making process in pricing work
- Provide support to the senior actuaries of the team in the implementation of recommendations made to the business line
- Contribute to the preparation and proposal of action plans likely to promote the correction and simplification of procedures, in accordance with generally recognized rules
- Participate in the implementation of work tools related to your field to contribute to the digital transformation of the business line
- Attractive candidates with years of experience beyond this offer may still be considered for a higher level position.
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 SOA exams completed, and progressing towards passing the Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams
Please note that other combinations of relevant education and experience could be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced computer and programming skills (EXCEL, VBA)
- Proficiency in English at advanced intermediate level
Desjardins transversal skills
Cooperate, Be customer-oriented, Be action-oriented, Stimulate innovation