AD/NPD Product Designer/ Mechanical Engineer Full-time Job6 months ago - Engineering - London - 66 views
AD/NPD Product Designer/ Mechanical Engineer
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our projects, where everyone has a voice. SharkNinja recognize the importance of diversity in the workplace and are committed to hiring a diverse team.
Summary of Position
We are looking for AD/NPD Product Designer/ Mechanical Engineers to help us create a new generation of innovative products across our Shark & Ninja ranges. We thrive on designing great products that delight our customers. Working as part of our London Design Office, you will bring technical substance and inspiration to our creative efforts to deliver credible solution to populate our product road map, and ultimately to the market.
- Originate novel concepts and technologies for our next generation of products.
- Define elegant but robust solutions to satisfy the products functional requirements.
- Collaborates on design studies (independently and in teams) to solve technical or consumer issues found in the development of a product.
- Takes direction on designs through conception, CAD execution, prototyping and verification, whilst consistently working at pace.
- Continuously evaluates and improves designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality and value to consumers.
- Applies sound engineering/product design standards to deliver real solutions.
- Builds on understanding & experience of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimize designs.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Supports other team members and encourages their efforts.
- Collaborates seamlessly with our U.S. and China based Product Development teams to ensure that great ideas make it through to production.
- Degree level technical qualification, ideally Product Design Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Design Engineering.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in Mechanical/ Product Design/ Industrial Design environment.
o Experience in the consumer goods household appliance space desirable
o Experience in plastic manufacturing processes desirable
o Experience of delivering real world products to market
- Uses Solidworks or Creo to a proficient level.
- Identify, solve, implement and verify technical solutions autonomously as part of a team.
- “Hands-on” - building of prototypes, product testing in the lab, developing and reporting.
- Flexible and collaborative- these are key to success at SharkNinja.
- Positive attitude with an inquisitive nature.
SharkNinja Is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals. Our Data Privacy Statement outlines how we will process your personal data when you apply for a role at SharkNinja or are engaged in services with one of our entities; https://www.sharkninja.com/employment-privacy-notice/
SharkNinja operates Preferred Supplier (PS) arrangements for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment across all UK functions. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any of our SharkNinja colleagues and that no CVs are submitted to staff across the Business. Any unsolicited CVs and/or communications will reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency. Any CVs will be sent at your own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we will reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your company’s Terms and Conditions of Contract. If you would like to be considered for Preferred Supplier status, please send a brief introduction to your business to llee@Sharkninja.com, clearly stating in the header of your email your company name and the discipline(s) that you specialise in. Your email will then be kept on file for consideration should we review our incumbent Preferred Suppliers. Thank you for your interest and co-operation.
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our projects, where everyone has a voice. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable. With the explosive growth we have been experiencing, we’re looking for motivated individuals to join us on our exciting journey. People need to think big, move fast and want to make a significant impact. Are you ready?