Analyst, Corporate Credit Risk Analytics Full-time Job7 months ago - Financial Services - Toronto - 234 views
- Perform risk assessment analysis through risk rating tools (include template selection) to determine appropriateness of Borrower IG code (including override rationale)/LGD and escalating matters requiring attention.
- Timely completion of various internal and regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. over-threshold; large exposure) in accordance with Bank policy and procedures.
- Communicate the terms and conditions of credit authorizations accurately/Preparation of CARDS authorizations.
- Review and maintain Scorecard to ensure we work within deadlines
- Build strong working relationships with Credit units, Credit Process, Design & Training, Credit Risk Administration, and other Global Risk Management & Banking units.
- Support the Corporate Credit adjudication teams with other duties as required.
- Assist in monitoring of industry and connection exposures, country risk exposure if applicable.
- Assist in preparation of industry annual reviews particularly with respect to data collection if applicable.
- Compliance to audit requirements and CCRA Job Aid to ensure tighter controls are in place to meet stakeholder’s requirements.
- Work closely with Fulfillment Officers to ensure timely review and action of the incoming and out-going work with Analysts to ensure the team meets agreed SLA with partners.
- Continuous improvement in processes by leading (or participating) to the team initiatives (or mini sessions) to address inefficiencies in CCRA procedures.
- Pro-active support the GRM Corporate Credit adjudication teams with other duties as required.
What we're looking for?
- Post-Secondary Education in business, finance or related. MBA and/or accounting designation is an asset
- Fll understanding of financial statements with solid analytical skills
- Good understanding of banking credit policies, processes, and procedures including risk rating processes (RiskAnalyst)
- Demonstrates understanding of many of the various industries covered by Corporate Credit
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships within the unit, across Global Risk Management-Corporate Credit units and with other internal partners.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Good organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple priorities while maintaining high quality work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, such as Excel
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of approximately 100,000 employees and assets of approximately $1.2 trillion .