Assistant Branch Manager Full-time Job8 months ago - Financial Services - Maple Ridge - 263 views
Guides, directs, and coaches staff to deliver exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Understands the needs of BMO customers or prospects to provide sales and service in the best interest of the customer. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their financial objectives. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Supports sales and customer service activities to meet strategic customer experience and profitability goals in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies and processes.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice in the best interests of the customer.
- Coordinates service requests and problem resolution processes to ensure accurate completion and follow-up that meets or exceeds customer expectations, or escalates to manager for resolution.
- Generates leads to build and maintain customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define a great customer experience.
- Supports the Bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities.
- Resolves customer related issues using knowledge of bank services, products, and processes.
- Supervises the team to ensure customers are provided with superior service that defines a great customer experience.
- Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures.
- Provides input into area business and market plans to optimize new and existing business opportunities within the community.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Establishes relationships with third party stakeholders (e.g. CDC, MasterCard, Symcor, etc.) to maintain knowledge of interdependent systems and related policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Monitors results and performance measures against plans and standards (e.g. sales targets, service targets, referral targets) to address gaps and develop plans.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing, and distributing communications.
- Provides guidance, direction, and coaching to the team to ensure individuals have a working proficiency in the retail sales environment and meet stated objectives.
- Coordinates daily work routines, assigns duties, and leads hiring processes.
- Provides technical training to branch employees to maintain operational and sales effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Manages transactional outcomes for customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Resolves complex or unresolved customer situations or escalates to the next higher manager for resolution.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Protect the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), and the Privacy Act.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experiences in Banking reaching at least a Personal Banker or Financial Advisor along with natural inspiring leadership capabilities track and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Someone who has high desires to grow as a Leader with the Bank
- Basic banking or customer service/sales or equivalent experience– required.
- Previous supervisory or management experience -preferred.
- General knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- General knowledge of applicable regulations, audit standards, and related policies, procedures, and directives.
- Working knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- General knowledge of branch operational processes and policies.
- General knowledge of branch technologies, processes, and performance metrics.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .