Associate IT Planner Full-time Job7 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Austin - 118 views
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The Associate IT Planner will assist with planning a Global Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience multi-year Portfolio that is data driven, based on strategic roadmaps, and has high business value. The Associate IT Planner will support execution of the approved portfolio to ensure successful delivery. Applicants must possess skills to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders by expressing an understanding of business processes, desired business outcomes, and technical roadmaps.
- Support the end to end collaborative effort between Business Analysts, Requirements Analysts, Program / Project Managers, Development Teams, and Test Leads
- Coordinate with Business Analysts to capture scope in the form of high-quality Briefs and help facilitate leadership reviews
- Communications support, including coordination and event management for All People meetings, managing agendas and content for staff meetings and program updates with leadership, tracking of actions and outcomes, and drafting monthly updates to leadership and business stakeholders regarding project outcomes and successes
- Support for portfolio management, including coordinating reviews, leadership updates, strategic planning and process change
- Support for new hire onboarding and training
- Assist in identification and resolution of data quality issues in PPM and TFS
- Work with and leverage the GSMC Reporting and Analytics team to drive data quality improvement in systems of record (CBA, PPM, ASMS, etc)
Team members must possess business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, ability to negotiate and develop strong peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wont happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.