Associate, Real Estate Finance Full-time Job4 months ago - Financial Services - Toronto - 1K views
What You’ll Be Doing
CIBC Real Estate Finance Division focuses exclusively on providing financing to real estate companies on both an interim/construction and term basis across Canada. Our team is comprised of experienced real estate professionals with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton Toronto, Ottawa, London, Hamilton and Montreal. We apply industry expertise to offer full-service financial solutions to real estate companies and users across Canada.
Through working with Relationship Managers within CIBC’s Real Estate Finance Division, the successful candidate will gain experience in both real estate interim and term lending and the management of key client relationships. The Associate will provide a broad range of analytical and research support to the other professionals within the team. The incumbent will be involved with a variety of projects to expose them to various aspects of loan underwriting, credit analysis and portfolio management.
How You’ll Succeed
- Business Development Support. Working with various teams and departments to complete the processing of loans and the opening of deposit accounts including signing authorities, non/negotiable securities and the review of cash management arrangements.
- Research & Analysis. Assist in the on-going monitoring of the terms and conditions of approved credit arrangements and appropriately identifying any relevant changes in the financial condition or business of a client. Responsible for conducting in-depth company, industry and portfolio analysis supporting the credit relationships for a portfolio of clients.
- Client Service. Proactively assess our clients’ needs and propose solutions to deliver to meet those needs. Play a key role in the preparation of client proposals, information memoranda and assisting in the coverage of client relationships.
Who You Are
- You have a Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- You are a team player and have the ability to work well within a group setting. Must have the ability to work on teams that generate ideas and implement solutions for clients.
- You put our clients first. You have strong client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions
- You can demonstrate experience in financial statements and accounting principles in order to assess lending risk, with specific emphasis on the real estate industry.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have strong client and relationship management skills, and can demonstrate an aptitude for business development (sales) skills
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
At CIBC, we are in business to help our clients, employees and shareholders achieve what is important to them. Our ability to create value for all CIBC stakeholders is driven by a business culture.