Auto Field Appraiser - GTA East Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Aurora - 69 views
As a Auto Field Appraiser, you utilize Mitchell automated estimating system to prepare competitive repair estimates for the market area. You write estimates and take photographs of vehicle damage that accurately reflects the damage and dollar cost of loss.
You communicate repair estimate information to customers, repair facilities, claim handlers, claim management, and agents as required. You refer information on possible vehicle total loss claims to the appropriate contact.
You foster good public relations with customers, agents and repair facilities. You may evaluate program repairer's estimates and reports for efficiency, competitiveness, and quality for the market area and discuss any issues with the repairers and/or management.
You may audit vehicle damage losses including verification that all repairs are completed according to the final bill and document any repair deviations.
You may serve as a liaison to program repairers to ensure their compliance with program guidelines and evaluate performance.
- Estimates the damage to any type of vehicle or automotive equipment and recommends ways of repairing vehicles in accordance with the company's standards and procedures.
- Writes up cost estimates and/or reports.
- In cases where it is determined that the vehicle is a ""total loss"", they establish the vehicle's value and proposes a settlement to the client.
- Offers recommendations to various parties when deemed appropriate.
- Monitors and checks the work done by our suppliers and ensures that they adhere to our procedures.
- Applies knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues.
- Maintain knowledge of vehicle repair practices and requirements.
Other working conditions
- Schedule : Work hours are not limited to core business hours; flexible start/end times depending on department/policyholder needs
- Travel : 100% of time (job requires travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles and may require serving in geographic locations other than that of assigned office)
- The successful incumbent will undergo Criminal, Credit and MVR checks as part of the employment process
- Position may require walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling, and/or lifting objects
- The incumbent must maintain a full and valid G license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested.
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three years of work experience in auto body / auto estimatics
- Training in I-CAR or equivalent
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Working knowledge of Windows and Mitchell Ultramate Estimating system or equivalent
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation