Branch Compliance Specialist BMO Nesbitt Burns Full-time Job9 months ago - Financial Services - Toronto - 618 views
Supports the branch and / or assigned regional team in achieving the business delivery and operational objectives through effective administrative support and assisting in the management of sales compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility as a member of the Branch / regional team.
- Acts as a designee for the branch manager on operational objectives within the branch.
- Provides ongoing operations expertise to assigned branch / portfolio.
- Provides support and guidance to branch staff members on compliance and operational issues.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Manages the registration requirements for Advisors and support staff regarding transfers, trainees, etc.
- Manages the technology & infrastructure deployment in the branch to support operations.
- Oversees and coordinates the support staff for branch teams to ensure the business objectives are met.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs budget.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group program.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Performs various administrative activities for the branch / region and individuals to meet operational objectives, client needs, and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to the branch and team member operations and infrastructure that includes financial and transactional processing and reporting, account processing and documentation, compliance processing, and other related activities; ensures proper documentation and administration of decisions.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management and compliance as per guidelines.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of administrative process and procedures related to investment products e.g. traditional stocks, bonds, money market, mutual funds and non traditional managed and fee based products.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry)
- Must meet the licensing and certification requirements for the team / branch / jurisdiction where the mandate is being fulfilled.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook
- Supervisory licensed, including Options.
- Successful completion of 90 Day BMO Nesbitt Burns Investment Advisor course.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .