CAPEX Engineering Project Manager Amazon Robotics Full-time Job1 year ago - Engineering - London - 141 views
- Lead overall end-to-end project planning, scoping, analysis, presentation, and CAPEX approval.
- Engage key internal and external stakeholders to align on long term automation program.
- Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
- Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
- Present and defend project proposals to senior leadership teams.
- Engage vendors and procurement teams to develop frugal long term relationships with automation providers.
- Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
- Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
- Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
- Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
- Assist in providing equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competition.
- Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
- Own and develop technology innovations and solutions on a need basis.
- Work very closely with the Finance, R&D, Real Estate, IT and Operations teams from project start to end.
- Ability to understand Operational processes.
- University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager to lead the front end engineering, capital planning, and long lead strategy for the continued expansion of robotic automation across our EU fulfillment network. Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals who have Capital Planning, Economics, and Engineering Program and Project Management experience. The role will understand the details of Amazon Fulfillment Center Automation design, implementation, modeling, estimating and capital requirements. This individual will lead long term capital planning for robotics and automation projects to scale ongoing growth. This involves developing detailed project plans in coordination with vendors and stakeholders, aligning with Amazon teams and securing capital funding and schedule commitments ahead of deployment. The Engineering Project Manager will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
You will travel moderately (20%) to locations in Europe and occasionally to international sites.
- Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25% across projects in Europe.
- Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
- Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages and specifically the local language of French and/or Spanish.