Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Full-time Job4 months ago - Engineering - Dubai - 78 views
The CTO role is to assure the successful execution of the company's business mission, via the development and deployment of the company's various systems and platforms (Web and Mobile).
The CTO is required to envision the organization's service offerings as a healthcare company, lead the designing and implementation processes for the apps and the solution we develop for patients and plan the expected risk and growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and manage TruDoc 24x7 Research and Development Department to deliver suitable technologies for the 24x7 Population Health Management;
- Manage the IT infrastructure, business email service provider, antiviruses vendors and products, antimalware preventions and frequent auditing;
- Create the yearly IT budget for software development, maintenance, and purchases purposes;
- Manage the organization’s IT security and compliance with ISO 27001 and GDPR;
- Manage the IT Project Management framework for managing the projects in terms of team members, tools, timelines, and cost;
- Translating all the complex technical challenges into a simplified form, to be easily communicated with the stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities and risks for the business and their impact on the technical side;
- Maintain updated knowledge about technology standards and compliance regulations;
- Participate, as a member of the senior management team, in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that the organization’s objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications;
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers;
- Implement coding conventions and documentation standards;
- Review current best practices for the selected web framework, and establish the initial architecture for the application;
- Supervise recruitment process, training programs, retention options, and the continuous organization of all development staff, according to the company’s hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements;
- Monitor all apps, platforms and systems performance and, review any application failures in both staging and production environments;
- Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolutions of the customer issues and improve apps usability;
- Establish and monitor a web analytics system to measure the traffic and app usage to ensure achieving business goals;
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology;
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to partners, management, investors and employees;
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process;
- Evaluate and select 3rd party technologies and service providers;
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise the deployment to both staging and production server;
- Support the marketing process by providing the implementation of technical requirements and features for internet marketing and search engine optimization needs;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and tech exhibits and reading about new and upcoming technologies;
- Define and communicate the company’s values and standards for acquiring and developing systems, equipment, or software within the company;
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization;
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders about the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges;
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community;
- Participate and represent TruDoc 24x7 when required in business and technical meetings;
- Participate in the leadership committee and provide inputs from technology and business point-of-view.
- Representing TruDoc 24x7 and participate in trade exhibitions, events, and demonstrations;
- Negotiate partnership with prospective and current partners: Cisco, Avaya, Cerner, and Microsoft.
Requirements and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Master of Science or Master of Business Administration is a plus.
- 8 years working in a technological role with 5 years of managerial experience.
- Updated knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and standard software & hardware requirements.
- Strong understanding of healthcare issues, information systems, management issues, and current trends.
- Experienced as a facilitator, diplomat, and negotiator/mediator; expresses action-oriented and creative approaches to information systems issues and problems.
- Background in project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical and organizational skills and budget management.
- Broad understanding of complex heterogeneous technologies and the ability to synthesize new technical information into existing structures.
- Ability to listen effectively, respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints, cope with an ambiguous or changing environment and have an unfailing sense of humor
- Strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- The highest degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Managerial: 5 years (Required)
- Information Technology: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Dubai (Required)