Client Manager - Business Insurance Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Ottawa - 122 views
Summary: As a Client Manager, you will serve and grow a book of Business Insurance clients assigned to you by independently executing standard NFP client service deliverables. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing extraordinary value to our clients by identifying exposures, determining the appropriate solutions to those exposures and advising the customer of why the solutions are the best fit for them.
- Generating revenue growth opportunities by identifying needs for additional lines of coverage, cross-selling internally to P&C, Group Benefits and Wealth Management departments and generating referrals for new opportunities.
- Be the lead in maintaining positive, long-term relationships with the clients, insurance carrier representatives and NFP staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess and maintain a positive mental attitude, including positive working relationships with clients and carrier personnel.
- Engage and utilize supporting service support teams per agency guidelines to effectively provide customer service deliverables in a quality and timely manner.
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, billing, reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Effectively determine appropriate actions for all assigned account renewals 120-150 days prior to the effective date.
- Proactively initiate and execute account reviews with clients per agency guidelines and procedures.
- Independently execute seeking out alternative market solutions that enhance and provide value to new and existing accounts.
- Facilitate requests and needs of carriers on behalf of clients.
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC).
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data.
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations.
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval.
- Update client proposals.
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required.
- Request policy changes as requested.
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy.
- Monitor the financial status of accounts, collect premiums and adhere to agency collection policies.
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of previous Business insurance experience an asset
- Experience working within a program is an asset
- Expertise in managing accounts that generate $25,000 and greater in premium.
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- RIBO License in good standing essential
Excellent benefits are offered: competitive salary, group health and dental benefits, flexible leave days, group RRSP, social events, continuing education, etc.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada upon hire.
NFP is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NFP has more than 5,400 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We've become one of the largest insurance brokerage, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals.