Consumer Loan Officer Full-time Job8 months ago - Banking - Atlanta - 97 views
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview members to develop information concerning their lending needs, earnings, and financial condition where applicable.
- Analyze current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money where applicable.
- Explain lending programs to members evaluate their needs and recommend available lending options.
- Make decisions to approve, disapprove, or consult with same or higher level for decision.
- Ensure detailed notes in the internal notes/comments section pertaining to each individual request.
- Willingness to work extended hours as business and staffing needs dictate.
1. Meet or exceed cross sell goals for Credit Life and Disability Insurance, Visa accounts, and additional auto coverage options.
2. Expand relationships with members through various methods of follow up such as phone calls and thank you notes.
3. Proactively offer additional products and services to complement member''s immediate product need and increase lending volume by cross selling additional lending products when appropriate.
4. On occasion and when appropriate review credit reports of existing and new members for cross sell opportunities.
5. Participate in sales development activities.
6. Proactively work with assigned department on referrals.
Maintain the highest level of integrity when working with both members and staff.
Achieve superior service as defined by Consumer Lending Department Service Standards.
Handle difficult members and resolve their complaints or problems in an efficient and tactful manner.
Maintain confidentiality of members, co-workers and Credit Union records.
1. Support efforts of department and management objectives and new initiatives.
2. Provide assistance or guidance to other members of the lending staff in the Consumer Lending Department and Branch offices, as needed.
3. Provide feedback to assigned department on all referrals.
4. Provide assistance and direction to the processing staff, as needed.
- Open to learning new processes and methods and take the initiative to apply them to the job.
- Obtain initial lending authority through developing your knowledge and experience with Georgia''s Own Credit Union underwriting philosophy and policy standards.
- Keep informed of current trends in consumer credit.
- Stay current on and in compliance with all Credit Union policies, and state and federal lending regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.