Credit Risk Analyst - Unsecured Lending Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 39 views
As the Credit Risk Analyst – Retail, you will support the independent review of existing and proposed lending policy to assess the quality of lending and make sure the ongoing management of credit risk within the Bank is within risk appetite. You will be involved in the creation of an appropriate credit risk management and control framework, so that all material risks can be properly identified, evaluated, managed and approved.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with the first line Retail Credit team, to make sure the formulation of the strategy changes are in line with the Bank’s objectives
• Supporting the improvement of the Bank’s retail credit risk framework
• Making sure governance principles and protocols are clearly documented within credit policy
• Supporting the wider team with model reviews
• Creating and reviewing credit risk management information and collating key data to prepare summary reports and commentary
• Carrying out annual deep dive oversight reviews of the consumer lending portfolio
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Ideally, you will have experience in financial services working in retail credit risk management
• You must have a background in data analysis using SAS
• It is essential you have good communication skills and the ability to game change
• You must be proficient in using Microsoft Office
• IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
• Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates..