Purpose of Job:
As a member of the DFC Team and working in close partnership with the Retail Sales and Lending team, you are responsible for contributing to the overall success of the DFC by meeting Service Excellence goals for internal and external customers by providing prompt, accurate and professional resolution to all inquiries while adhering to the Bank security, operational and compliance procedures and policies.
The major objective of the Customer Relations Representative is to handle a high volume of incoming Dealer and Client phone calls. To complete all customer service activities of the DFC according to the service standards and targets set by Management to provide the highest possible level of customer service to all Dealers Clients, Dealer Finance Centre Staff and Branches. More specifically, your responsibilities include assisting clients with their concerns, responding to and effectively resolving their issues. You are responsible for contributing to the provision of human, straightforward and knowledgeable service through your daily interactions to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with clients and other team members.
- Performs all Customer Service activities according to established service standard and established targets:
- Handling a high volume of incoming dealer and client phones calls that are a barrier to the Validation staff and maximizing time spent on validating and paying all Indirect Retail and Leases;
- Following the Bank’s service standard guidelines during all contacts with dealerships, clients, Branches and other Bank departments;
- Providing a high level of customer service on all incoming telephone/fax/electronic inquiries from Dealerships
- Increase Client satisfaction and loyalty through service excellence by:
- Delivering the desired client experience by consistently applying the Service Standards during all client interactions.
- Acquiring and maintaining a detailed knowledge of products and services;
- Responding to the client’s inquiries fully and effectively resolving clients concerns on the spot and/or escalating as appropriate and in defensively;
- Providing guidance and direction to Dealers with all aspects of Funding requirements of the DFC;
- Projecting an image on the phone and at all times by ensuring the customer experience is delivered in a professional and friendly manner;
- Demonstrating confidence and knowledge by ensuring transactions are thorough and accurate
3. Contributes to the quality and efficiency of the DFC operations as well as compliance and regulatory and internal bank guidelines to minimize the Bank’s exposure to risk by:
- Adhering to custody and security procedures and policies always;
- Adhering to position authorities and Bank policies;
- Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, including Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) Privacy and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, processes and guidelines;
- Reporting immediately any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity and escalating issues/deficiencies/ trends to your Direct Supervisor and/or Senior Manager of Operations, VP and Centre Manager and/or Chief Compliance Office.
4. Provides Administrative Support and Contributes to DFC growth, profitability and productivity:
- Participating in reviewing/identifying business needs, developing requirements;
- Action Dealer requests to discharge, amend or substitute Collateral
- Action Reports from AFIL ie. Mazda Loyalty, VIN mismatch,
- Assisting the Sales force with special projects i.e. Dealer Appreciation Certificates
- Thorough understanding of the Bank’s service standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive, Retail Indirect Loans and DVLP leases to deal knowledgeably with a high volume of dealership enquiries related to the complexities of the product and processes.
- Expert knowledge of the Validation and Funding process.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of PC software programs: ALS COM, CIS, Auto Hub, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Working knowledge of Bank system HR Passport, My Learning Centre etc.