Customer Service Advisor - 12 Month FTC Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - Northampton - 32 views
You will be working 35 hours across Monday-Sunday 8am-9pm, shifts will be in line with opening hours. We offer a competitive salary between £20,000 - £22,000 based on previous experience.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying customers’ needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank
• Ensuring customers in need of support are identified and assisted appropriately
• Listening to customers’ financial concerns to correctly identify complaints and find solutions first time
• Handling complaint escalations, where appropriate
• Making sure the systems are used correctly to ensure customers’ records are accurately maintained and up-to-date
• Understanding and adhering to the appropriate policies, standards, controls and limits of authority through training, coaching and appropriate communication
What we’re looking for:
• Previous customer service experience, demonstrating excellent listening skills and the ability to show empathy towards customers’ financial circumstances
• Demonstrable experience dealing with demanding customers in pressured situations
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with the ability to understand different options available to customers and summarise with good attention to detail
• A team player who can confidently interact with others, and feels comfortable working independently at the same time
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous experience of working with customers in potential vulnerable circumstances or financial difficulty
• Experience working in a contact or call centre/ telephony/customer service environment and/ or Financial Services experience
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment.
Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.