Join us as a Customer Service - Personal Banker in our Bristol or Bath branch
• You’ll be integral to guiding and supporting our valued branch customers, helping them to achieve their financial goals
• We’ll look to you to proactively find ways to enhance our customer banking experience
• We’re committed to your career progression, so you’ll join us as an Associate Personal Banker and we’ll support your development to become a Personal Banker within two years
• We’ll also help you to achieve a Foundation Certificate in Responsible Banking while working here
What you'll do
As the first point of contact in our branches, customers will be at the very heart of your role. So you’ll be committed to providing outstanding service in every interaction. You’ll work with high levels of accuracy as you provide each customer with a seamless and positive experience.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
• Having proactive conversations, understanding the needs of our customers and helping them with their banking needs
• Completing general banking requests such as payments, balance enquires and transfers
• Helping customers to understand the different ways they can bank with us and the range of services we can offer
• Identifying opportunities to help customers with simple financial products, and collaborating with other teams to provide a seamless customer experience
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be motivated and driven to develop your career and have a customer centric approach to your work. Strong communication skills are a must, as you’ll need to highlight the benefits of our products and procedures to our customers in a way that’s easy to understand.
You’ll also need:
• A passion for customer service and strong attention to detail
• The ability to thrive under pressure and have the determination to continuously improve service for our customers while meeting your personal and branch goals
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
• The commitment to develop new skills and responsibilities
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern. You also need to be prepared to move between local branches as required.