Data Analyst: MDM Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 56 views
Master Data Management (MDM) is a sub-function of the Data Management Function within the Wholesale Chief Data and Analytics Office organisation. MDM are custodians of the wholesale client list and SMEs of wholesale party related data. Responsible for the management and maintenance of CDAO owned trusted sources on behalf of the wholesale business. Partnering with large scale strategic data transformation programmes to deliver on the Group and Wholesale data strategy.
This role is a technical Data Analyst role supporting multiple products within the Master Data Management Function and working for the Product Manager for Mastergroups
In this role, you will:
Identification of data sources
• Work with IT and non-IT stakeholders to identify possible data sources to deliver the required data.
• Source one off data samples for verification and data discovery.
• Ensure all data is stored securely and in adherence with the group’s information security rules.
• Profiling the data to verify the data sources include the information required.
• Performing data discovery and data linkage processes to identify integration methods.
• Provide analysis, prepare and deliver information related to the data findings. Including limitation, issues and recommendations.
Provision regular data feeds into agreed solution (ETL / Direct Extract from Data Lake)
• Extract - Document business requirements for system / data owners to provide regular data feeds.
• Transform - Document field and value mapping requirements for the load of the data into the agreed solution.
• Load – Document the mapping of the source data to the existing data model.
• Testing – support testing of the full ETL process ensuring all required information is received and processed to requirements.
Subject Matter Expert for Data feeds
• Support data users by providing data definitions and supporting documentation for each provisioned feed
• Support ad-hoc questions related to the data source.
• Support investigations into any data anomalies or issues discovered with the ongoing feeds.
• Support any changes required to the data feeds.
• Support development of one off or regular uses of the data to enhance the client list.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Strong skills in SQL, with Oracle experience an advantage.
• Good understanding or relational data bases, processed to identify linkages and data profiling.
• Data discovery (gaining an understanding of the data content without documentation).
• Data validation (proving / understanding whether the data meets expectation & identify issues / gaps in the data)
• Maintaining and audit trail & systematic documentation are essential as this is a global team where technical ‘hand offs’ will be required
• Knowledge of ETL processes and ability to investigate and overcome issues, identifying root causes.
• Knowledge of specific solutions, SAS & Teradata an advantage.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.