Data scientist Personal and SME credit risk Full-time Job9 months ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 158 views
- Do you have experience in risk management and have a good knowledge of personal credit?
- Have you acquired excellent skills in complex data analysis, particularly through the use of modeling approaches and various artificial intelligence techniques?
- Do you have leadership, are curious, rigorous and have excellent communication skills?
Being a Data Scientist (Senior Analyst), Portfolio Management, means acting as a recognized expert in the identification, anticipation, complex analysis and disclosure of risks on personal credit portfolios . It is to develop, optimize and improve the various risk analysis tools and processes in place. It also means acting as a leader in special projects, representing the sector in various forums and advising management on its strategic orientations.
This position reports to the Director, Portfolio Management.
Here are the main activities of the function:
- Participate in the analysis and disclosure of the quality and risks of Individual portfolios by developing risk indicators
- Carry out complex analyzes by identifying concentrations and underperformance that may represent risk of losses for the Bank, using various modeling approaches including artificial intelligence techniques
- Participate in and lead certain special projects impacting delinquency, losses, operations, product profitability, automation of credit decisions and risk assessment
- Formulate recommendations in order to increase the quality of information and the efficiency of production
information and risk analysis.
- Act as a leader and quantitative expert with colleagues and management by quickly identifying issues and solutions and defending the strategic orientations of the sector
- Respond to various Ad hoc requests associated with risk management by providing relevant and quality information
- Participate in all other sector portfolio management activities as needed
- Bachelor's degree related to the sector of activity (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics) and seven years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the sector of activity and five years of relevant experience OR University certificate / PUB Undergraduate and nine years of 'Relevant experience
- Experience in risk management
- Modeling experience including the use of artificial intelligence techniques
- Experience in handling large amounts of data
- Ability to perform complex risk analyzes on portfolios
- Knowledge of Personal Credit and relevant data warehouses
- Knowledge of SAS software and / or SQL, R and / or Python programming language
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Leadership, autonomy and sense of initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong capacity for synthesis, analytical mind, intellectual curiosity, rigor
- Bilingualism (spoken / written) French and English essential
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. You will find the salary scales by indicating it as keywords in the "Search" field of the portal. Although only one level is displayed, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate in a lower level according to his profile.
Working at the National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of social benefits, a dynamic environment and access to telemedicine.
The National Bank sees great wealth in diversity and values it in all these dimensions. It has set itself the goal of providing an open work environment that respects differences where each employee can develop their full potential. The concrete commitment of management fosters the growth of this value in all areas of the organization. The Bank has also been listed on the “Best Employers” for diversity in Canada for several years.
We promote a collaborative working environment where it is possible to develop professionally. This is undoubtedly what allows