Delivery Driver Full-time Job8 months ago - Independent & Freelance - Long Island City - 1.3K views
- Maintain a clean and valid driver's license.
- Drive the vehicle into position for loading and unloading.
- Load the vehicle with the product in a manner ensuring goods are properly and securely stowed.
- Communicate with the office.
- Deliver and unload goods at required site.
- Obtain a receipt for goods delivered.
- Vehicle check must be done daily. Vehicle report must be completed and submitted weekly.
- Hand in all gas receipts/cards upon getting gas.
- Must maintain an odometer log daily.
- Totally responsible for daily cleanings of the vehicle.
- No other passengers allowed in the vehicle unless authorized by a manager.
- Must adhere to all motor vehicle laws and regulations.
- Whitsons is not responsible for any traffic violations while you are driving the company vehicle and are on company time. If you receive a traffic violation, you will be responsible for the ticket.
- Must adhere to all location policies which include but are not limited to: time of delivery, parking, designated delivery areas and designated driving areas.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Clean license
- High School diploma
- A driver's license appropriate to the class of vehicle being driven is required.
- One year of safe driving experience in a professional environment
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Must be cautious of bad weather conditions that can make driving hazardous.
- Must be able to carry and lift objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must perform repetitive movement - side to side, up and down in a safe manner.
Over the years, Whitsons has grown from those small family restaurants to become among the 20 largest food service management companies in the United States today. We pride ourselves on being leaders in providing school lunch services, prepared meal services, residential meal services, emergency services and other outsourcing food services. But Whitsons story is just beginning. Elmers legacy lives on as third-generation Whitcombs join the ranks and the Whitsons extended family of team members continues to grow each year.