Engineering and Maintenance Director Full-time Job7 months ago - Engineering - Dubai - 1.4K views
- To ensure a business development strategy is in place, to deliver the contract/s growth aspirations in line with the commitment; including ad-hoc additional challenges.
- To ensure effective financial management is in place to achieve turnover, profit and cash targets, and to meet corporate and legal requirements.
- To lead customer service excellence and a continuous improvement culture, so that the business remains at the leading edge of service delivery and value.
- Build and develop the Engineering and Maintenance Department staff at full strength, and coordinate resources including hiring and management of qualified maintenance managers, engineers, and technicians;
- Assume overall responsibility for ensuring infrastructure, Metro trains, Dubai Tram and other assets are safe for operations, which includes setting of engineering standards, controlling the configuration of the system, and the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance.
- Manage Level 1-5 maintenance support activities for all maintenance activities for the Dubai Metro and overview for Dubai Tram.
- To develop, agree and manage a robust strategy and annual plans for the contract/s to meet the contractual requirements and business targets.
- To contribute towards developing the strategy of the parent organisation.
What we are Looking for in our Candidates
- Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff;
- Must be politically incisive in communicating effectively with government agencies, board members, clients, contractors and staff;
- Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Excellent understanding of the rail systems basics such as driverless trains, tram operations, moving block signaling systems, 3rd rail power supply distribution, platform screen doors automatic gates and fare collection, track and crossovers, control and communication systems and E&M systems, and their maintenance processes;
- A proven track record of successfully leading and engineering department as Engineering and Maintenance Director within the rail industry.
- A minimum of 10 years of general Engineering and Maintenance Management experience;
The position includes achievement of contractual and internal targets for safety, maintenance activities, service reliability, cleaning standards, supervision of maintenance contractors, environmental management, human resource management, financial targets, legal and stakeholder management.The purpose of this position is to develop strategy and exercise effective leadership in the planning, development, and management Take a professional overview of the maintenance services of the Dubai Tram contract and provide professional support and advice to other contracts as required.