Escrow Disbursement Coordinator Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Minneapolis - 104 views
- Prepares wires for transfer
- Disburses files and issues checks
- Issue closing documents and letters to appropriate parties
- Provide internal and external customer service
- Numeric and alphanumeric data entry into First American proprietary software
- Answer a moderate volume of phone calls
- Deposit incoming funds from lender.
- Ensure file is properly balance and reconcile any differences with Escrow Officer.
- Reconcile incoming and outgoing wires.
- Cut net proceed checks to borrowers, lien holders and creditors as required.
- Prepare daily deposit slips.
- Run daily accounting reports
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and escrow related software. Ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Basic accounting knowledge including accounts receivable
- Settlement statement (HUD) knowledge
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Detail orientated
- High School diploma or equivalent
First American provides financial services through its Title Insurance and Services segment and its Specialty Insurance segment. The First American Family of Companies core business lines include title insurance and closing/settlement services; title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust, and investment advisory services.