Essex Contact Tracing Service - Call Handler Full-time Job2 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Colchester - 4.8K views
You must have or be able to:
- Undertake a public health risk assessment and manage situations effectively
- Have a strong knowledge of principles of health protection
- Understand and be able to work from standard operating procedures, scripts and protocol
- Rapidly assess information and recommend an appropriate course of action to address any issues or escalate as appropriate
- Problem solve whilst working in an unpredictable environment, often under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Have good effective verbal and written communication skills including a good telephone manner
- Proficient ICT stills
- Awareness and commitment to follow information governance policies and procedures
1. Liaison with your Team Manager to understand the Health Protection Team workload of cases/incidents for that shift.
2. Provide contact tracing support to the local Health Protection Team in line with contact tracing and management protocol and guidance. Provide public health advice in complex incidents/outbreaks as appropriate.
3. Undertake case interviews and perform public health risk assessment of COVID-19 cases identified. Identify contacts for tracing. Provide public health advice as appropriate.
4. Determine the likely complexity of contacts identified from the case –
a) For non-complex contacts - provide details of the contacts on the appropriate template for submission back to the national Track and Trace team for follow up. Where time is of the essence the team Contact Liaison Callers can undertake this if more appropriate.
b) For complex contacts – make contact and provide public health advice as appropriate. Where appropriate the Contact Liaison Callers can support this.
5. Manage complex contacts/calls/settings escalated by Tier 2.
6. Ensure the timely and accurate recording of information from those interviews using systems provided.
7. Manage and carry out continuing responsibility for a caseload ensuring accurate, up to date records of contacts/action by completion of relevant records and compliance with team handover procedures, in line with operational guidance and procedures.
8. Contribute to the maintenance of effectives systems for the surveillance of COVID-19 through providing accurate data and information.
9. Escalate concerns of incidents and outbreaks of COVID-19 to your team leader.
10. Utilise judgment, knowledge & expertise to advise or redirect a case or contact as appropriate
11. To work within own competence, seeking team leader advice as/when appropriate.
12. Be able to (and be able to recognise the need to), modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of contacts especially in stressful and difficult situations and ensure polite, efficient and appropriate communications exist at all times.
13. Support the Contact Liaison Callers if they need to escalate a call.
14. To undertake and participate with any training required for the post holder to fully carry out their duties, including mandatory updates/refresher training
15. Contribute to any necessary ongoing development of current protocols, guidance and standard operating procedures as appropriate
We want the best possible outcomes for the people of Essex. And thats where Business Support comes in. The Business Support team gives each ECC operational function the level of expertise, value for money and adaptable business support that makes a real difference to the county. It could be a great environment for you to work in.