Executive Assistant, Global Investment Banking Full-time Job3 months ago - Customer Services - Vancouver - 214 views
What You’ll Be Doing
The Executive Assistant is accountable for providing secretarial/operational and administrative support for one or more Executive level managers within a medium to large size business group on activities that generally span up to a one-month timeframe. The role monitors and ensures that all established administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
• Interacts and collaborates regularly, as a critical function, with Executives and their representatives, with senior managers, and with cross-functional business units to carry out accountabilities, to develop and recommend alternatives, and to implement improvement opportunities. Develops and leverages the relationships, and uses considerable influence to achieve outcomes, while improving cross-group relationships.
• Interacts regularly with various internal LOBs and departments to accomplish supervisory or administrative or coordination tasks, and with other advisory or support units (such as Human Resources) when matters arise that require their involvement, or to develop and implement business process improvements.
• Interacts with vendors depending on unique requirements of the business unit.
• Decision Making- Makes relatively moderate-complexity decisions in responding to inquiries and in assigning work or providing direction to staff, in performing cost or business or situational analysis, in preparing reports/presentations, and in implementing process improvements. Makes decisions in line with organizational policy, or recommends alternatives regarding facilities related expenditures. When relevant established processes or procedures do not exist, the incumbent is accountable to determining and recommending the best process/procedure to achieve the desired outcome. Recommends but does not have end accountability for decisions related to staffing, performance ratings, or compensation and benefits.
• Advisory- Recommends appropriate content for communications, reports and presentations. Makes recommendations among alternatives to support business objectives and needs. Provides advice or suggests how to follow standard processes while recommending and implementing process improvements. Provides resolution on all administrative or operational matters.
• Autonomy- Works independently to accomplish tasks within scope of job that lead to outputs of others.
• Auditing- Oversees work of others and ensures that it meets established standards and processes. Resolves or escalates issues for resolution, as appropriate.
• Monitoring- Monitors and directs the output of others. The incumbent has the authority to collect or be provided with the required information to enable tracking to be done but escalates for resolution if situational analysis suggests action is required. As a project manager, monitors progress against key milestones and monitors project expenses to ensure it is on budget.
• Expend Resources- Has some authority/discretion on spending some budget elements, with approval of reporting manager and/or local executive as directed. Has authority to determine best allocation of staff resources for work assignments for current and future business demands. Recommends but does not have end accountability for decisions related to staffing, performance ratings, or compensation and benefits.
How You’ll Succeed
Event Planning & Professional Support Accountabilities (60%):
• Leads in the planning, and oversees the implementation of corporate events. Maintain an overall coordinative role and project management for the events
• Acts as a central point of contact for conference/meeting rooms, event details, policy and process, resource allocation, and related requirements. Also Manages the Executive’s calendar of scheduled appointments.
• Develops organization centric materials such as communications, correspondence, and presentations, including deciding on or recommending content, and acts as a communication channel to facilitate timely and effective communications. Responds to related inquiries on the department’s behalf, or escalates issues for resolution as appropriate.
• Oversees the establishment and maintenance of organized and confidential electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are available.
• Liaises with Corporate Real Estate for all premises related matters such as office moves, and project manages the local coordination of premises and building related matters including relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
• Oversees the administration of a timekeeping system in adherence with reporting guidelines and processes.
• Ensures that each employee has the tools necessary to do their job effectively, and for establishing the team’s overall development objectives including the establishment and support for each employee’s individual development plan with a view to close performance gaps and achieve goals, and to develop both the individual’s and the team’s future capability.
• Project manages initiatives such as relocations while engaging staff both within the team and across impacted business units, to achieve the desired business outcomes.
Financial Analysis and Support accountabilities (20%):
• Performs budget forecast/variance analysis in support of maintaining expenses within budget and performs financial analysis of billing and costing to support the developing and recommending of alternatives, in support of business decision making. Supports the budget planning and monitoring process by collecting and aggregating, analyzing, and reporting.
• Identifies, develops, recommends and implements cost saving opportunities whenever possible for the benefit of the group and for the department as a whole. Seeks approval for recommendations according to organizational or local policy. Performs some financial analyst of billing and costing, and to support developing of alternatives to support business decision-making.
• Ensures the existence of an efficient process flow for invoice processing, in adherence with division processes and processing guidelines, and vendor agreements.
• Oversees the production of monthly/quarterly reports for budget/expense control and budget forecast/variance analysis in support of maintaining expenses within budget. Monitors and analyzes project expenses to ensure they are within budget.
Human Resources Administration accountabilities (10%):
• Oversees the centralized tracking and record maintenance of staff vacations and absences, in accordance with divisional guidelines, to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability. Participates in resolution of issues when they are escalated.
• Coordinates the process by which staff training requirements are scheduled, and for which monthly/quarterly reports are produced, while monitoring that funds are allocated within budget and available to support training requests.
• Ensures adequate support for recognition programs and processes, in support of recognizing staff contributions.
Who You Are
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the financial and/or investment banking environment and possess an excellent relationship-building, communication, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Post-Secondary education in a related field. Other professional related training to keep skills current with office productivity software and to develop leadership capability.
• Seasoned knowledge of bank financial processing standards, and key business processes, and excellent working knowledge of financial analysis methodologies, accounting principles, project management methodologies, and human resources policy and practice.
• Seasoned broad business knowledge and specific understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and products and customer groups.
• Very good understanding of the processes, policies and procedures required for supporting the business.
• Good working knowledge of financial and accounting principles, and human resources policy.
• Ability to work with limited direction and ambiguity to make decisions within scope of accountability.
• Ability to organize business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations, with little guidance, and the ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material.
• Extremely detail oriented and very well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a wide variety of tasks, and conflicting priorities.
• Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships.
• Ability to employ and leverage knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit’s uniqueness to carry out accountabilities.
• Solid project coordination skills to lead a variety of initiatives.
• Seasoned ability at secretarial and administrative tasks for purposes of teaching/coaching staff.
• Expert level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio; Lotus; web browsers).
• Seasoned communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Must possess excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
• Flexible and has the ability to demonstrate personable and professional sound work ethic
• Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.