Expert Advisor, Civil Liability Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 113 views
We are looking for an Expert Advisor, Civil Liability for our growing team!
Under the direction of Technical Services, as an Expert Advisor, you will assist the client in the context of his civil liability claim, over the phone, in both business and personal insurance. You will have to guide the insured through the various stages of his claim: analyze the admissibility of the claim, complete the investigation to determine the potential liability of the insured and / or third parties, assess the damages claimed and negotiate, if necessary , a settlement with the third party.
You will also need to keep your records if they become contentious. Together with the lawyers, you will have to develop strategies and consider alternative means of settling disputes in these cases.
Here are some of the ways you'll get things done:
- Listening to the customer, clearly explaining the path that the complaint will take, answering their questions and delivering a service that exceeds their expectations;
- Analyze the client's insurance guarantees and clearly explain to him what his protections are in relation to the claim presented;
- Gather versions of the facts over the phone on the circumstances of the disaster from policyholders, third parties and other stakeholders while working in collaboration with experts, such as engineers, appraisers, throughout the territory of the Quebec;
- Assess the potential liability of the insured and / or third party by basing its reasoning on relevant and well-supported investigative elements;
- Evaluate the reasonableness and admissibility of the damages claimed from the insured;
- Communicate effectively with the client to inform him of developments;
- Write down and document his file in accordance with company standards and guidelines;
- Negotiate effectively, when appropriate, claims with third parties;
- Ensure sound management of fees and external costs;
- Actively collaborate with the various departments such as collections, underwriting, valuation, major accounts, litigation, etc.
- Participate in disasters when they arise
- Attend settlement conferences and trials.
Workplaces: Telework or according to your preferences, at the Montreal-2020 office, Anjou, St-Hyacinthe, Quebec.
- Hold a 5A claims adjuster certificate
- Hold a college diploma and / or equivalent training and / or deemed relevant
- Experience as a claims adjuster for 5 years
- Strong or good expertise in civil liability claims
- Be customer oriented
- Communicate effectively and simplify the complaint process for the customer
- Sense of analysis and synthesis
- Intellectual curiosity
- Knowing how to plan, organize and establish a strategy
- Dynamism, autonomy, efficiency, team spirit and leadership
Here are some of the benefits that bring people to work with us:
- An inspiring and award-winning workplace that supports its employees and recognizes great work
- Challenging and ambitious projects and development opportunities that will help you develop your skills and advance your career.
- The flexibility to choose where and how you work.
- A comprehensive financial benefits package that recognizes your successes.
- A wide range of flexible benefits.
- Industry-leading employee share purchase plan with a matching contribution of 50% of net shares purchased.
- A loose dress code that encourages you to be yourself.
- A wellness expense account with a basic annual amount of $ 350 to support an active lifestyle.
Equal access to employment
At Intact, our values guide everything we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our commonalities. That's why we are committed to creating an inclusive and inspiring workplace for all employees.
If you need special accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to help you.
As a publicly traded employer and financial services company, it is important to us to act in the best interests of customers, our employees and our shareholders. We want Intact to be a great place to work! That is why we will ask internal and external applicants to consent to a background check so that we can find out more about you. Please note that a good credit report is required for positions with access to financial data or funds.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted job as long as you have been in your current role for at least 12 months and your performance is deemed good or your temporary contract expires. An external talent search is carried out in parallel with internal recruitment. Please note therefore that potential internal candidates may have been identified for this position as part of their development plan.
Right to work in Canada
It is important that you are legally authorized to work in Canada at the time the offer of employment is made to you. You may then be asked to provide proof of eligibility.
As Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, were not only leading our industry, but were redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, were committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.