Field Service Technician Lead Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Irving - 97 views
Primary Responsibilities of the Position Include:
- Ability to travel up to 75%, at a minimum to customers facilities to install, diagnose, commission and repair Siemens equipment.
- Travel may include weekend and overnight work as needed per the customer’s production schedule
- Work will be mostly mechanical & electrical in nature; including equipment installation, software/network configuration/upgrades, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
- Interact with customers on a professional basis, communicating with customers regarding service and product issues.
- Understand issues and communicate them to other by means of drawings, photos, and reports.
- Provide remote support via phone calls, emails to other Field Service Engineers, management, engineering and the client as needed.
- Install and commissioning of Siemens equipment and provide training to the end user.
- Promote the companies service and parts programs and identify additional customer care opportunities.
- Adhere to internal processes and implementation of field service systems to improve the efficiency and department organization.
- Travel within North America, and the ability to pass Airport background checks will be required.
- Troubleshoots installation issues as requested by Siemens Management and Engineering.
- Enhance the company’s competitive position in the closing systems market.
- Assist the company in maintaining and improving relationships with key accounts.
- Demonstrate professional level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers, and act as champion / change agent for continuous organizational improvement.
- Perform other duties as needed to support project installation and management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Summary of Qualifications:
Any combination of training and experience, which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be considered and could include:
- At least three+ years’ experience in customer service on installation and maintenance in an industrial environment.
- A formal education/experience in mechanical, electronics, system upgrades or similar technical nature with focused on material handling systems.
- Technical aptitude, in both mechanical & electrical areas, with installation & controls theory understanding.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation, drawings, and schematics.
- Results-oriented, self-confident, self-motivated, takes initiative, persistent
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships and collaborative business relationships.
- Natural customer centric orientation
- Presentation skills; persuasive written and verbal communication
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel regularly – 75% or more