Field Service Technician Full-time Job1 month ago - Engineering - Dubai - 31 views
Field Service Activities
- Hands-On Field Service activity for: Start-up of equipment with Variable Frequency Drives/ Control Panels with Drives, Commissioning of equipment, Training of operators, Warranty claims, Modification of equipment in the field.
- Pre-shipment inspection of equipment with Control Panels etc.
- Provide On-Site Operator training on our system offerings after customer acceptance.
- Responsibilities and activity are focused around the Startup of equipment, troubleshooting (both off-site and on-site) and reporting of field services to MEA sales
- Will require hands on activities with equipment in the factory and in the field / on-site, typically in a new building construction environment.
- This person could become a key trainer and educator of Installation Teams at contracting firms.
- Train Installation Personnel at Mechanical Contractors office on Armstrong Products to minimize nuisance warranty calls.
- Compile and review site commissioning / Startup / warranty field reports Armstrong Equipment.
- Connect select site equipment to the Internet or customer networks
- Liaise with engineering, technical support, project management, sales and marketing for product development activities and project specific initiatives.
- Identify and report on product deficiencies identified through service activities,
- Contribute to process improvements, product design improvements, service capabilities.
- College degree / designation in Mechanical or Electrical Technologist or Applied Engineering, or a related education with comparable field / work experience.
- Experience with Drives, control panels, BAS systems and / or automation. Serial communications knowledge is a plus.
- Hands on experience with mechanical equipment Pumps, in the HVAC industry.
- Excellent computer and software skills (including MS Office suite).
- Experience / Involvement with the commercial construction marketplace is desirable
- Should have knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment along with a familiarity with internet and communication protocols, hands on field service experience, and a strong commitment to customer service
- Clear and concise Communications skills, written and verbal, are a pre-requisite
- The position requires; a general knowledge of Hydronic side of HVAC heating and cooling systems
- The position requires an understanding of Variable Frequency Drives, automation, internet and communication protocols, Building Automation Controls, Pump Curves, thermo-hydraulic technical knowledge and preferably work experience
- Knowledge and experience with VFDs, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion tanks, Control panels, PLCs is desired.
Armstrong Fluid Technology