Financial Crime Strategy Manager - Fraud Specialist Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 71 views
By working alongside Engineering, data scientists, 1st line investigators, and Product managers, together with industry peers, you’ll be expected to think strategically and critically, design efficient solutions/strategies, and take a high degree of responsibility over the detection and reduction of financial crime with a specific focus towards Starling’s Fraud controls.
• Playing a key role in proactively developing a robust financial crime prevention strategy for Starling Bank including but not limited to building up defences against – Application Fraud, the misuse of Starling accounts to facilitate the receipt and movement of fraudulently obtained funds and the misuse of Starling accounts to defraud the Bank.
• Assisting with the ongoing focus on the identification of active and potential threats in order to diminish risk and reduce costs associated with losses, fines, investigations and customer remediation.
• Continuously assess the effectiveness of Starling’s financial crime controls to ensure our approach is appropriate in meeting our regulatory and commercial objectives.
• Work with dedicated Engineers to dynamically install fraud controls quickly and efficiently.
• Conduct analysis of changes and anomalies in customer behavior, account usage, suspicious patterns of behavior and seeing the interconnectivity between activities.
• Adopt the culture of agility and responsiveness within the Strategy team as risks, regulations, and business needs change and evolve over time.
• Maintain close collaboration with FinCrime Operations to ensure smooth and efficient execution of any new strategy or solution.
• Be the face of Starling at external schemes and industry-related meetings, roundtables and working groups.
• Through regular attendance to the above, maintain an awareness of forthcoming legislative & regulatory changes regarding financial crime matters. Using this to form Strategies and thinking that you will share internally
• Work with the wider bank to raise awareness and understanding of fraud issues/risks affecting the bank and ensure that the operational and service teams are well informed and aware of all new/emerging developments
• Contribute to the design and delivery of ongoing Financial Crime training.
• Close coordination and cooperation with Compliance, Operations and Product in relation to new industry initiatives and adherence to industry guidelines
• Work with Engineering, Operations and Compliance on the design of fraud transaction monitoring rules and effective adaptation of said rules through regular analytical reviews of outcomes.
• Assist with financial crime investigations and escalations - when required.
• Conduct and assist with regular analysis of existing and new Starling products/services to identify areas or methods where Starling could be exposed to fraud risks and suggest improvements/optimisations early on in the scope/design phase
• Proactive, curious, out-the-box thinker and problem solver
• Good project management and organisational skills
• Confident communicator
• Proven understanding of fraud rule management across multiple payment methods
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Good knowledge of financial crime areas especially Payment Fraud and Onboarding
• Strong knowledge of new and existing regulations
• Solid understanding of urgency and importance in relation to regulatory compliance
• 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
• 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
• Generous parental leave
• Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
• Contributory pension scheme
• We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
• Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
• Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
• Gym membership options