Front End Software Engineer Full-time Job7 months ago - Engineering - New York City - 1K views
- Work on a modern stack including VueJS and Amazon Web Services.
- Assist in the development of requirements and work closely with CDO/CDN specialists for specifications.
- Provide mentorship to other developers and advise and implement best engineering code practices and principles.
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Diagnose issues, evaluate and recommend the best resolution, and execute against that plan.
- Strong technical, problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong partnering and coaching skills.
- You are experienced building web applications and comfortable working in both the front end and the back end.
- In-depth experience in VueJS or similar framework.
- Design-oriented and UX expert a plus: understanding of typography, layout, color theory, usability, and other design principles
- Experience setting and/or expanding engineering best practices.
- Comfortable evaluating and taking calculated risks adopting new technologies.
- Experience with Java development.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps.
- Modern Git based Source Code Control Repositories experience.
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Enterprise Relational DB experience is a plus.
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Strong motivation in picking up new domains and writing and shipping well-tested code.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working with infrastructure tools.
- Experience with network and content delivery.
Disney Streaming Services (formerly known as BAMTech Media) is a technology subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company located in Manhattan, New York City.It was established in 2015 as a spin-off of MLB Advanced Mediathe digital media arm of Major League Baseball, focused on providing streaming video technology, particularly for over-the-top content (OTT) services. The company's major clients include ESPN (for its WatchESPN service), the National Hockey League, PlayStation Vue, and TheBlaze.