Front Office Specialist (FOS) - Internal Medicine Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Atlanta - 187 views
The Front Office Specialist (FOS) is responsible for illustrating exceptional customer service and focus to WellStar’s patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or adiminstrative functions that support the practice’s operations. The FOS is an important team member in achieving patient experience, employee engagement, and financial goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program
Required Minimum Experience
- 1-2 years administrative front office experience in a physician practice or health care setting preferred
- Previous customer service experience
- Computer skills essential
- Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9/10, and HCPCS) Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude (see WellStar's "Standards of Gold")
Wellstar specialists and primary care providers work in a multi-disciplinary environment with nearly 25,000 diverse team members throughout our 11 hospitals, 300 medical offices, outpatient centers, health parks, a pediatric center, nursing centers, hospice, and home care. Were proud to be home to one of the busiest Emergency room departments in the state, as well as being the only system in Georgia operating multiple trauma centers. Our efforts are recognized by national organizations that set standards for world-class care. Our system-wide practice of safety principles, assessing and addressing errors and seeking feedback from our patients and customers continually earns recognition for advances in safety and quality.