Head of Credit Risk - Fixed Term Contract Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 55 views
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Head of Credit Risk will be responsible for the development and oversight of the Bank’s Credit Risk Management Framework. This Framework will establish the Bank’s approach to risk management, and ensure the effective identification, management and mitigation of credit risk. They will be responsible for fostering a strong risk management culture and providing leadership on Credit Risk, working collaboratively across the three lines of defence to share and implement best practice. They will support the Bank’s management of Credit Risk for the Retail and SME business.
• Develop and oversee the Bank’s Credit Risk Appetite with approval from Board.
• Develop the Bank’s Credit Risk policies in conjunction with the Bank’s first line Credit function, providing oversight and review of their activities.
• Develop and own the credit model development framework, and provide oversight and challenge of the Bank’s credit scorecards, including monitoring and oversight of credit decisioning.
• Provide assurance that the Bank’s delivers against its policies including the Responsible Lending approach.
• Undertake validation of the Bank’s provisioning models, providing review and challenge.
• Review the Bank’s credit pricing strategy, challenging the first line’s risk assessment and mitigation approach.
• Support the definition of the Bank’s collections strategy including oversight of the first line execution of the strategy.
• Ensure there is appropriate risk governance and reporting in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework to ensure the Executive and Board have a thorough understanding of the credit risk profile of the business.
• Provide expert input to the Credit Risk Committee as a member, and as an attendee of the Executive Risk Committee.
• Provide thought leadership on the credit risk strategy and the prioritisation of key activities.
• Drive a strong risk management culture and support training and awareness of risk management, ensuring risk management is part of the day-to-day business of Starling.
• Ensure Starling is compliant with its policies and applicable regulation.
• Participate and represent Starling in industry fora on operational risk and credit matters.
• Act as an alternate to the Chief Risk Officer on credit risk matters
• Retail and/or SME Credit Risk experience
• UK regulatory requirements relating to Credit Risk
• Strong and persuasive communicator, at all levels, with Executive Committee reporting experience
• Strong management skills and a track record of building senior level relationships.
• Personable and approachable
• Strong influencing skills and an ability to manage change and implement solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to challenge in a positive manner and handle difficult situations.
• Analytical and logical but with broad business experience and therefore the ability to manage risk within a commercial context
• First class decision making, planning and prioritising skills
• A proven problem solver who is committed to continuous improvement
• 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
• 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
• Generous parental leave with up to 6 months paid maternity leave and 1 month paid paternity leave
• Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
• We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
• Top of the range technology provided to all colleagues (typically Apple Macs)
• Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
• Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
• Gym membership options.