Head of Risk Operations TP Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 30 views
In this role, you will:
• * Design, lead, direct and deliver the complex strategic end to end portfolio of programmes in support of the 2021 – 2025 strategic aligned to the Bank Wide Operations Transformation Vision and Target end state operating model.
• Work in partnership and collaboration with the global business lines and global business services executives and teams whilst influencing and informing the target end state. This may include working on high sensitive and NDA’d programmes relative to the portfolio and in alignment with HSBC global imperatives.
• Shape plans, drive the strategy, make complex decisions and deliver the value outcomes, strategic benefits and sustainable step change transformation for the Risk Operations agenda. Become the ‘go-to’ partner, trusted advisor and domain expert for change in this area of the Global Operations business.
• Ensure all delivery is completed to time, to budget in line with agreed strategic objectives and imperatives, adjusting as necessary to optimise the value of the portfolio and drive the desired outcomes. Ensure benefits modelling, roadmaps and tracking in place in a suitably appropriate manner to the chosen delivery methods and adhere to company quality, standards, policies and approaches to ensure Transformation is successful.
• Management stakeholders, sponsors, senior Global executives and wide network of key partners, interested communities and groups at all levels in the organization balancing global, regional and local matters to influence end state results.
• Assemble the necessary skills, resources, capabilities and efforts ensure appropriate manpower required for change delivery success. Ensure Global, regional and local considerations are factored into the plans and delivery whilst handling conflicts, constraints, assumptions and risks to navigate the optimum outcome for the overall strategic transformation intent.
• Act as a solutions leader, design architect, programme director and strategic influencer to agree a roadmap and approach for delivery.
• Be responsible for the assignments under management, ensure high quality standards are met, chose the most appropriate lifecycle method to achieve the results whilst optimizing costs and maximizing benefits.
• Mitigate and resolve all risks and issues impacting the successful pathways and ensure all stakeholders and conflicts are successfully managed and appropriate change controls and disciplines applied to meet the wider corporate governance obligations as well as Transformation governance agreements
• Work with IT, Finance, Strategic Planning, Audit, Global Risk and Communications across the Bank to ensure executive buy-in to the transforming outcomes pre, during and post the programme delivery.
• Recognise and agree priorities, contingency and mitigation to ensure outcomes not jeopardized.
Member of Operations Transformation (OT) Management Committee
• * Be a key member of the OT management committee work with peers across the strategic transformation programmes and across the key enabling capabilities to multiply best practices, share thought leadership and influence design and development of the OT end state capabilities, CoEs and transformation services within Global Operations.
• Manage all aspects of performance of your portfolio, the OT team, resources and third parties
• Identify and influence stakeholders to maximize opportunities, create step change outcomes and benefits
• Manage global virtual team of OT resources assigned and drive successful performance results
• Work effectively and collaboratively with peers in the OT leadership team to run OT as a business.
• Deliver business / function team skill uplift through the OT Academy programme using professional development, training, accreditation, knowledge sharing, talent management and career planning.
• * Accountable for the 2021– 2025 Transformation Programmes for Risk Operations
• Accountable for the Risk Operation’s Transformation agenda, interdependencies and strategic imperatives
• Accountable for leading a mixed team of professional change and transformation practitioners
• Accountable for making complex business wide decisions to achieve maximum return on investment
• Accountable for quality assuring plans, readiness, delivery certainty and sponsor certainty
• Accountable for delivery of the business cost benefit cases attached to your Transformation
• Accountable as a leader in OT for the strategy, plans, priorities and outcomes of OT as a function
• Accountable for the development and capability uplift of OT as part of OT leadership team
• Accountable for ensuring all transformation programmes deliver in line with HSBC policies and controls
• Accountable for ensuring end to end design, orchestration and execution to meet strategic aims
• Accountable for ensuring all methods, tools, techniques, processes and controls are actively utiliised
• Accountable to stakeholders, sponsors for all reporting and visibility of programme performance
• Accountable for involvement in DevOps, Agile and Solutions collaboration for your programmes
• Accountable for selecting the right methods, approach and controls to achieve the results
• Accountable for deploying right skills, with right competencies to right programmes
• Accountable for input into financial, strategic planning and annual operating plan of OT
• Accountable for acting as champion of domain knowledge, developing protocols, agreeing engagement
• Accountable for teams on assignment to programmes and developing performance to match needs
• Accountable for the communication effectiveness of your portfolio across Global & Regional matrix
• Accountable for ensuring a customer centric approach to Transformation agenda is achieved.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Obtain deep Domain knowledge of HSBC, Risk, Background in Global Standards and interconnectivity across the HSBC corporate functions and utilities
• Have proven experience of delivering pan bank regulatory and risk programmes with Global ExCo level scrutiny and stakeholder management
• Demonstrate outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives.
• Provide very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
• Provide outstanding knowledge of OTPE – functionally, operationally and financially.
• Have a proven track record of delivery end to end strategic programmes of Transformation with budgets of c£30m+ as a minimum is required
• Proven track record of leading programme teams of c100+ FTE directly and indirectly across local and remote environments
• Experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group with proven network across domains
• Experience of Board level and CEO level engagement and presentation to corporate forums and governance committees of the Global bank
• Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
• A strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigour, including being able to contextualise data into business activities and conclusions.
• Proven ability in successfully designing and implementing large-scale, complex global change initiatives with multiple stakeholders
• Evidence of successfully managing financial plans with proven track record of optimising transformation orchestration to achieve results
• Successful experience developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective leadership team in multi-faceted environments
• Extensive vendor and third party professional supplier management including oversight of supply chains for transformation delivery
• Extensive stakeholder management skills, managing and satisfying multiple stakeholders and perspectives in a fluid and changing environment
• Strong presentation skills and influencing senior executives at Board level internally and externally.
• Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills especially at Senior Director level 0 – 2 in the HSBC hierarchy
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
• High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives.
• Ability to leverage resources available to achieve OT and business / function goals.
• Ability to make critical decisions and strategically prioritise based on OT and business / function goals.
• Outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities.
• Collaborative end to end leadership style which enables interdependent outcomes and works across boundaries in an Agile and connected manner
• Strong business acumen, understanding of HSBCs end to end sales and service propositions and corporate plans and how this role aligns and fits
Qualifications And Accreditations
• Evidence of self-development across a number of disciplines.
• Proven track record of performance within HSBC
• Strategic Programme Management Qualifications or accreditation
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.