Head of Stations Engineering & Delivery Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 180 views
About Network Rail
Network Rail High Speed (NR HS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd (NRIL), responsible for the operation and maintenance of the UK’s first European High Speed Railway, High Speed 1 (HS1). The HS1 Infrastructure consists of a diverse range of railway assets from the track, signalling, overhead line, lineside buildings and depots through to viaducts, long tunnels and international stations at St Pancras, Ebbsfleet and Stratford along its 109km length. Unlike its parent, NR HS are privately financed under an agreement with their client ‘HS1 Ltd’ and undertake a diverse range of activities from railway infrastructure maintenance and operations through to station facilities management and retail. NR (HS) value their people, fulfilling their contractual commitments through a highly performing professional team of appointed specialists, engineers and managers who consistently deliver safe and reliable infrastructure for train operators and their passengers. Together we work every day to achieve.
Our Vision - to deliver the best High Speed rail customer experience.
To direct and lead the development and implementation of the station’s asset renewals programme as obligated by the client organisation; HS1 Ltd. Providing comprehensive engineering support service to station operation teams and driving continual improvement in safety, business performance and efficiency whilst protecting, maintaining and growing the HS1 Ltd station assets.
Deliver retail activities for Network Rail High Speed (NRHS) managed stations through effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
About the role (External)
Key Accountabilities –
1. Identify and lead safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives where they affect engineering matters at Network Rail High Speed (NRHS) Stations.
2. Lead the NRHS development and delivery of the station asset management strategy, policies and plans.
3. Oversee procurement and contractor performance to, reduce costs and achieve delivery of station asset projects and budgets.
4. Lead the technical input to the development of rules, standards, specifications, means of compliance and KPIs for station asset management, including system risks.
5. Take the lead on relationship management with TOC’s and HS1 Ltd on engineering matters, both tactical and strategic at NRHS managed stations.
6. Provide engineering leadership and expert advice on NRHS station systems regarding major engineering projects, renewals and enhancement.
7. Lead the delivery of all retail activities from project conception to fit out and ongoing compliance.
8. Arrange that all incidents that adversely affect the NRHS stations assets are fully investigated, that recommendations are robust, and that those recommendations are implemented.
- Broad and extensive engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
- A detailed understanding of the maintenance of bulding assets
- A sound knowledge of technical, safety and performance standards relating to structural engineering
- Proven ability to lead engineering activities in a business environment
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Experience in the integration of complex engineering systems
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Strong commercial awareness and financially astute
- Experience in the development of engineering standards for buildings engineering services and structures
- Experience of working in railway infrastructure management or a similar safety critical environment
- Knowledge and practical application of CDM Regulations