Human Resources Assistant Full-time Job1 month ago - Human Resources - Burnaby - 207 views
The Human Resources Assistant is part of the HR Advisory Services team and plays a key role in providing HR services to faculty and staff from an assigned group of academic and non-academic departments across the University. The HR Assistant provides administrative support in the areas of staffing, job evaluation for union positions, and employee relations research. The HR Assistant creates and/or maintains all electronic and paper employment records for employees in Union or Administrative and Professional Staff groups. The HR Assistant is responsible for employee benefit advising and enrollment, as well as benefit records management for all employee groups.
- Certificate in Human Resource Management or a related field with training in payroll administration and systems, and three years of related experience in human resources, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skill.
- Demonstrated ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of complex Human Resource/Payroll enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to effectively use e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications such as Word, Excel, and SIMS.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a significant amount of detail while maintaining perspective on broader objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.