Infrastructure Engineer Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 27 views
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Starling, you’ll be building and supporting infrastructure that spans across AWS, Google Cloud and our physical data centres to support our internal operations and interfacing with our software engineering teams to deliver the infrastructure that drives our business.
Duties of the role will entail:
• Working with functional delivery teams to translate business requirements into technical implementations
• Designing and building patterns and frameworks to be used by engineering teams
• Taking ownership of projects and ensuring timely delivery
• Providing escalation assistance to engineering teams
• Diagnosing system and network failures under pressure
• Keeping abreast of new technologies and changes in the industry
What we would like from you:
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code and infrastructure provisioning tools (Cloudformation, Terraform).
• In-depth knowledge of AWS and/or GCP cloud services
• 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
• 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
• Generous parental leave
• Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
• Contributory pension scheme
• We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
• Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
• Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
• Gym membership options