Intermediate Underwriter Full-time Job3 months ago - Financial Services - Lévis - 356 views
As an intermediate underwriter, you assist with medical underwriting to provide sound management of life and health insurance risks. You analyze and assess risks and authorize life, critical illness and disability insurance applications, as applicable, and offer informed and competitive decisions to our clients across all Desjardins Group business lines.
You will be part of a team of professionals who are passionate about this field, and you will be able to choose your preferred place of work, either in Montreal, Quebec City, Lévis, Toronto or at home, regardless of where you live in Canada.
- Analyze a risk in its entirety, identify the essential details and draft a summary of the elements impacting the risk involved.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and partners through different methods of communication.
- Commit to continuing education and monitor industry trends and developments.
- Help with the development of staff members who are just learning the ropes and help the sector achieve its priorities and objectives.
- Determine mortality or morbidity rates by consulting the different reference sources used within the organization.
- Write reports and correspondence. Prepare recommendations and provide advice on how to implement them.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : In Canada, according to the candidate's preference
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience in the medical feild (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Professional designation of FLMI or FALU or another related designation recognized by the industry (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation