IT Service Desk Analyst Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - Birmingham - 149 views
The ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure and have excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner. The candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Deliver critical batch operations of the Banking system with utmost diligence.
• Escalate issues related to fundamental bank operations as per current procedures.
• Gain knowledge on the day-to-day operations towards reducing the requirement for escalations.
• Increase knowledge on Core systems required to assist on 2nd and 3rd line support activities.
• Receive and log cases raised with the IT Service Desk via telephone, email, and tickets.
• Provide effective and efficient resolution to incidents as main point of contact.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for the company systems and applications when and where required.
• Provide support for ongoing IT projects when required.
• Support the IT Department with Purchase Orders and maintaining stock levels.
• Deliver flawless work on all assigned iSeries AS400 procedures and tasks.
• Maintain, improve, and review Third-Party relationships and services.
• Ensure adherence to the bank’s ITIL Service Management policies and procedures
• Deliver activities and projects to the standards agreed with line manager.
• Substantial experience in an IT support environment
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• Strong analytical skills: adept at interrogating complex information to identify cause and effect and deliver accurate business forecasting.
• Analytical, innovative, and enquiring approach with the ability to work autonomously and take
initiative where required.
• Ability to diagnose, resolve issues and manage work from inception to completion, prioritising work effectively.
• Strong organisational and personal effectiveness skills, including time and project management.
• Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and work effectively with staff and management at all levels.
• Effective, proactive communicator and relationship builder with the ability to deliver commercial and operational messages to stakeholders from a wide audience.
• Good report, guides and processes writing skills
• Self-motivated, self-managing with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to adapt to change.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career in a diverse, ethical bank that you can actually believe in.