Laundry Supervisor - Wyndham Dubai Deira Full-time Job9 months ago - Customer Services - Dubai - 197 views
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in communicating all relevant information to Laundry associates assigned at the Laundry.
- Facilitate associates briefings, as assigned and/or needed.
- Assists in administering all guest and house laundry handling procedures by consistently reminding associates to follow established procedures.
- Regularly reviews work cycles and ensures associates schedules are coordinated with the peaks and slack of operations to maximize productivity.
- Prepares daily labor analysis.
- To assist in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement, providing a courteous, professional and efficient and flexible service at all times in Laundry, Linen and Uniform Room following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, making sure that all services offered by Laundry are always carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy.
- To be entirely cooperative with the different sub departments of Rooms Division or any other Department of the Hotel as assigned and perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another department
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of Laundry and related service and product.
- To be fully conversant with all services, activities, facilities and F&B Promotions offered by the hotel and recommend to the guests.
- To assign responsibilities to team members, implementing multi tasking principles and to check their performance daily.
- To assist in maintaining and implementation of a flexible employee base, with the right mix of employees
- To assist in allocating employees over the Division based on established business levels for that day.
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items, and to ensure that the place of work is adequately equipped.
- To monitor Laundry service standards are all in place.
- To be always available and on-duty during peak periods (frequently during massive and simultaneous check-in / check-out operation).
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to Laundry attendants, Linen/Uniform seamstress and Tailor on VIP rooms, long stay guest, arrivals & departures, function/events of the day and previous days guest comments.
- To liaise with Housekeeping and other related departments on daily operations.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all rooms related service and product and up sell alternatives.
- To keep informed of the Laundry standards of opening competitor hotels.
- To ensure proper handling storage, and control of lost and found items as per local rules and regulations
- To keep all keys signed out in a secure manner and return them at the course of duty.
- To distribute and control the use of master key.
- To have a complete knowledge of all Laundry machines and equipment for operation and maintenance as dictated in operation.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage, breakage and wastage.
- To inspect all facilities, fixtures and report any damages to Executive Housekeeper.
- To monitor Operation supplies, Chemicals, guest supplies, stationary and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To inspect entire Laundry facility, service areas, and fire exits.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Executive Housekeeper related to standard and cleanliness of the Laundry.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies / linen.
- To have a complete understanding of the different cleaning products and their economical use.
Safety & Security
- Ensure a highest level of safety and security to all external and internal customers.
- Constantly review and update safety procedure.
- Ensure emergency procedures are in place and can be easily enacted on 24 hours basis
- Become a main player during emergency drills
- Never compromise safety
- Utilize code of discipline in the associate handbook as a guide to maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Strictly adheres to control procedures in the usage of chemicals and supplies.
- Assists in the development of new control procedures, as needed.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports (Attendants) performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counseling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Gives feedback to the department head on associates’ placement levels matters to determine official associates placement levels for the area.
- Ensures that proper training of associates is done such that associates have the necessary skill to perform duties with maximum efficiency.
- Assists the department head in determining the training needs for the section
- Drafts training schedules for the month based on guidelines set by the department head and presents to the department head for approval; implements planned training activities
- Coordinates with the HRM-Training in all matters pertaining to associates training and development.
- Personally conducts/facilitates training activities in accordance with established targets.
- Keeps track of training courses conducted for associates for the month and prepares monthly training summary for submission to HRD every month.
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Manage the AES process Housekeeping ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Support WYN com with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Maintains good relationships with colleagues and contributes to team spirit.
- Cooperates and coordinates with colleagues whenever necessary.
- Interacts with other departments to provide additional or specialized guest services.
- Assists in various plans to track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Assists in various inventory processes to help ascertain the stock figures regularly.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Opera – Rooms Management
- Outlook – email communication
- Computer literacy in MS office
- Micros- Laundry billing system
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Careers and Employment