Lead Impairment Manager (IFRS 9) Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 40 views
As our Lead Impairment Manager, you will be heavily involved in the IFRS9 impairment reporting and analytics processes, with the opportunity to further expand into other such areas as stress testing, capital management and ICAAP. You will be an expert on how to keep Metro Bank within regulatory requirements in an ever changing world.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Establishing and ensuring a controlled environment around the production of impairment numbers and any related quantitative analyses
• Maintaining portfolio analysis through trends and segmentation analysis, devising and amending collections and recoveries
• Liaising with portfolio owners to identify and explain root causes of performance due to impairment trends
• Reviewing and validating the work carried out by junior members in the team and provide relevant feedback to support their growth in their role
• Keeping track of the impairment budget and making sure it is maintained and followed
• Making sure appropriate measures are taken to be in line with the Bank's risk appetite
• Keeping abreast of regular changes from regulatory requirements, new product launches and corresponding market condition changes
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have experience in a Credit Risk environment, with experience in a modelling role within Financial Services
• It is essential you have knowledge of IFRS9 impairment standard, modelling approaches, forecasting and stress testing
• You must be proficient in SAS, Excel and Microsoft Office
• Be up to date and at the forefront of any regulatory requirements and changes that may be required in the near future
• IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
• Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates..