Learning & Development Program Specialist Full-time Job1 month ago - Training - Newmarket - 283 views
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as Adult Education, as well as significant training and experience in the Training, Learning & Development field, combined with senior progressive experience in leadership and organizational development. A member of the Institute of Performance and Learning as a Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) is preferred. An equivalent level of education and experience will be considered.
- Certification in a leadership coaching program or progressive experience.
- Progressive experience in the design, development and implementation of organization-wide training programs; thorough understanding of adult education principles and management practices; course delivery and post-evaluation.
- Experience in the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) as well as e-learning platforms, inclusive of social media platforms, as well as other new, innovative, effective and useful solutions; must be able to effectively navigate all levels of the organization.
- Progressive experience in organizational development including needs assessment and gap analysis, strategic planning, succession planning, metrics and dashboard analysis and change management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience on corporate level projects or initiatives with the ability to contribute a broad perspective while carefully ensuring project completion and review.
- Proven skills in the effective delivery of training and application of principles of needs assessment, design development and delivery.
- Facilitate and foster continuous learning across all levels within the organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, external organizations, the general public, other government agencies and elected officials.
- Ability to develop partnerships and alliances, as well as manage a diversity of opinions in a positive manner.
- Strong project management skills including but not limited to; planning, prioritizing, organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a corporate budget, including planning, reconciliation, payment of invoices (etc).
- Strong research skills to stay current on emerging trends, technologies and best practices. Must be able to prioritize, plan and schedule time for personal development and staying current.
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations and human resources fundamentals.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and coaching skills, analytical, conceptual and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet, e-learning modules, social media and demonstrated skills in the virtual learning environment and use of appropriate platforms.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and unscheduled overtime as may be required.
- A valid Class G driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
The Learning & Development Program Specialist will manage the development, delivery and integration of the Towns various portfolios contributing to corporate, employee and organizational development. As Program Specialist you will have significant responsibility for project management, solution design and implementation and generation of project results through data analysis and success measurement. You will partner with HR Business Partners and leaders throughout the organization to plan, source and deliver high quality training, learning and development programs (including e-learning and virtual learning solutions) thereby enhancing the learning capability of the organization to drive continuous improvement. You will lead corporate adaptation to virtual learning solutions and move the learning & development culture towards a more learner centric model through both in-class and on-line solutions, as appropriate.