Life & Health Pricing Actuarial Analyst (Contract) Full-time Job7 months ago - Financial Services - Mississauga - 854 views
What is the opportunity?
This role is accountable for developing, pricing, monitoring, and preserving the integrity of the profitability of our Life and Health products. This position supports the attainment of our strategic objectives, including the growth of new lines of business, and greatly influences the brand reputation for RBC Insurance Company.
What will you do?
- Perform pricing and product development of Life & Health insurance products, including our Term, Universal Life, Disability, Critical Illness and other products
- Conduct profitability analysis and coordinate approvals for Life & Health products’ special quotes.
- Perform model vetting of the Life & Health pricing models
- Provide the Pricing Actuary with analysis required to make business decisions
- Collaborate with internal business partners, which may include Product Management, Valuation / Corporate Actuarial, GRM-I, Sales and Finance
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and actively writing SOA exams
- Ideal candidates have a strong desire to set and exceed challenging goals with high energy and a drive for superior results
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively influence others as well as present issues, options and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, VBA, SAS and R is required
- Experience with Moody’s Analytics AXIS
- Ability to work well in a team and individually
What’s in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
How we do business is as important to us as the business we do. Whether youre helping our clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, youll be a part of a culture of employee engagement that makes RBC a great place to work.
We are proud to consistently be named one of Canadas Best Workplaces and Top 100 Employers, and to be recognized as one of the Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital. Explore our current opportunities and learn more about what its like working with us.