LOA Case Specialist Full-time Job7 months ago - Human Resources - Atlanta - 168 views
PURPOSE: The LOA Specialist is responsible for the administration of Leave of Absence (LOA) for the HR Performance Systems Group. This would include timely completion of all transactions related to the LOA cases. The LOA Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert for the LOA process in alignment and under direction and guidance of HRSC leadership. This position would assist with coordination and completion of LOA projects as well as serve as a liaison for escalated LOA matters. This associate will perform exemplary customer service and assistance to the associate's of The HR Performance Systems Group.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTPOSITION ABILITIES:
- 40% - Administers LOA for HR Internal groups . Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases to include but not limited to tracking of hours used/taken, processing of letters, and thorough communication with leaders. Independently approves or denies leave cases based on specific criteria
- 20% - Engage associates on leave to ensure relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Ongoing contact with associates and coordination of return from LOA. Thorough review of LOA documentation received to meet FMLA and Home Depot guidelines.
- 20% - LOA Specialist will leverage partnership with Medical & Health Management when necessary while ensuring privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Collaboration amongst other business partners such as Payroll, Benefits, ensure that pay and benefits for associates are accurate.
- 20% - Play a key role in the organization of focus groups, and implementation of new LOA process improvements & strategies to include educating business partners on updates and processes
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- This position reports to Manager Associate Support.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a associate's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to protect associate privacy within the guidelines of HIPAA and the Home Depot
- Extensive LOA experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to clearly and concisely document research notes and details related to issue resolution required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- COLLABORATES: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY: Developing and delivering multi-channeled communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- DRIVES RESULTS: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- ACTION ORIENTED: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- OPTIMIZES WORK PROCESSES: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuing improvement
- TECH SAVVY: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications in order to identify patterns and trends.
Our associates are the heart of our company markets fluctuate, trends change, but ultimately our people and culture power our success and enable us to make a positive impact on the customers and communities we serve. Its that perspective that helps drive our outstanding business results while creating a culture that encourages inclusion, passion and respect that extends beyond the company walls. We aim to provide the highest level of service to our customer every day so that our customers can tackle all of their home improvement projects no matter the size. Its our associates that help make do-it-yourself happen because DIY takes a team.