Local Agent (Local 57) Pinedale, WY Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Wyoming - 143 views
- Patrol and locate trouble on overhead lines and/or test and locate faults on underground lines. Repair or dispatch crews to repair trouble to insure continuity of electric service to customers.
- Assist line crew in installing, replacing and repairing equipment, such as cut outs, conductors, insulators, crossarms, and street light systems and other apparatus to provide proper customer service.
- Safely troubleshoot and test system at primary and secondary voltages. Repairs system problems using latest tools and equipment.
- Conduct facility inspections as requested.
- Connect and disconnect service to customers, run new services, hook-up underground services, and set meters.
- Read meters to insure accurate billing and investigate high bill complaints which may involve installation of check meters and/or testing of customer equipment.
- Test and analyze high and low voltage complaints and make corrections or arrange for corrections through the District Manager.
- Prepare job orders, work orders, trouble reports, mileage reports, handle and correct current diversion reports, collection reports, and other documents required by the Company in connection with the various duties performed.
- Contact customers by phone or in person for purposes such as to arrange for new services, answer complaints, explain Rocky Mountain Power policies and requirements, and occasionally collect delinquent accounts.
- Schedule necessary power outages with customers when repair or construction work is necessary.
- Perform switching on high tension lines when ordered by dispatcher and check substation lines and equipment.
- Coordinate with other Company personnel in performing various duties such as customer accounting on collections, meter readings, and with division planners involving new installations.
- The typical duties described herein represent a major portion of the job. Other similar duties may be assigned. When management determines that it is efficient to do so, employees in this classification may be assigned duties of less complexity.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be Journeyman Lineman
- Must obtain a Class A CDL
- Must be a self-starter who can work productively and independently
- Candidate must live within a 20 mile radius of the territory
- Pass a journeyman lineman aptitude test
- Must be able to handle the work environment and meet the physical demands stated below:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk or hike; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This position will not be a home start. Employee will be required to show up and start at the Service Center.
When on shift, individual will need to be available 24/7 on an on call basis and able to work outdoors in various weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to the cold, snow, blizzard and wet conditions. They may work in high places, work with fumes and electrical wires, and encounter wildlife. This position will require the use of hard hats, eye protection, protective gloves, fire retardant long sleeved shirts, and steel toe shoes.