Contributes to the overall success of the Global Banking and Markets / GCM Banking in Toronto, Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. This opportunity is a 15 month contract.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- The preparation of credit requests for new and existing counterparties, which includes financial analysis and appropriate transaction structuring and risk mitigation, as well as all other credit related requests to be submitted to Global Risk Management for adjudication and other internal approval groups.
- Provide ongoing credit and execution support for marketers/product teams and traders which includes supporting new business products/initiatives, and processing their limit requests within the requested timeline. The Manager will become the primary service contact for the onboarding, credit execution and maintenance of these GBM relationships for the assigned portfolio.
- Ongoing monitoring of market news/events and industry developments that may impact the credit quality of the portfolio, and potential ad-hoc in-depth analysis of credit related issues that arise.
- The oversight of the negotiation and review of credit documentation, such as the ISDA/CSA, GRMA and GMSLA, for new transactions and onboarding of new accounts for various Scotiabank entities.
- Assisting in structuring lending, trade finance and derivatives transactions and determining whether the transactions meet the risk/return profile for GBM and is in line with the stated strategy.
- Actively using various Scotiabank and GBM Management Information Systems, trading and booking systems to provide accurate and relevant information as required.
- Ongoing oversight and monitoring of overrun reports generated by back offices in order to detect trading and limit overruns, and assisting in exception reporting and resolution of the same.
- Liaise with and manage relationships with Global Risk Management, Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk Management, Legal, Tax, Finance, Compliance, Global Wholesale Services, Global Capital Markets Documentation, and other Execution teams.
- Collaborate with team members to share best practices and market insight to effectively manage the portfolio as a team.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Support GCM Trading Desks Globally
- Work with multiple trading and client management systems (ALGO, RO, CorrRisk, Salesforce)
- The negotiation and review of documentation for related transactions for BNS, SCI, SBE, SBI, BNSAL, and SCUSA
- Will liaise with GRM, CCR, MRM, Legal, Tax, Finance, Compliance, GWS, GCM Documentation, and other Execution teams
- Prior Banking experience in a credit or execution related role. Exposure to regions such as Latin America, Europe and Asia is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in a second major language (in particular, Chinese or Spanish) is considered an asset.
- University education or post-graduate education. An MBA or CFA is considered an asset.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
- No travel required.