Manager, Visual Merchandise Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - New York City - 99 views
Entertainment Merchandise NY, Inc. seeks a Manager, Visual Merchandise for the Flagship Retail NY department. Position will lead the Visual presentation of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. Manage a 365 visual and marketing calendar of events, in conjunction and collaboration with all key stake holders. (VP International Flagship retail, Director, Flagship Operations, Marketing, PR, Buyers, Merchandisers, Consumer Product, Platform 9 3/4, design, produce and install and monitor results of all instore POS, merchandising, and windows campaigns.)
- Lead and motivate VM team in order to achieve highest possible levels of VM and sales performance.
- Overview VM planners, rotas and schedules to ensure all VM tasks are completed outside of trading hours.
- Supporting in daily briefings to keep all members of the team fully aware of all activity within the VM strategy.
- Support retail recruitment and manage performance and development of the team.
- Support the retail team in providing effective after sales service, ensuring ongoing customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Monitor all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- To take responsibility for own personal development through one-on-one coaching from line manager.
- Work with GM Retail and B+M teams to develop new products and ranges to meet the needs of our fans.
- Maximize margins on new and existing lines through commercial visual presentation.
- Build and maintain relationships with UK and international WB Consumer Products teams, to exploit opportunities with licensed market products.
- Monitor the marketplace though regular comp shops to keep on top of trends and competitor activity.
- Monitor stock levels held in stores and retail areas, identify potential out-of-stock issues, and communicate back to line manager, partners and colleagues.
- Ensure the store is visually merchandised to the highest standard.
- Lead by example on security issues for the retail team and encourage minimal shrinkage through the efficient handling of product and packaging
- Ensure our sales targets are achieved by fully maximizing all visual opportunities.
- Optimize service provided by team and self, leading by example, to increase customer conversion and average spend.
- Ensure all scheme, graphics and equipment are being used correctly and in accordance with guidelines and agreed standards to promote sales.
- Monitor and review results and effectiveness of campaigns and evolve processes accordingly.
- Support with development of new income streams, business opportunities and projects connected with commercial and retail operations.
- Support the retail team in NYC as part of a duty management team (as part of a seven-day week rota including weekends and evenings).
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification with extensive vocational experience).
- Senior Visual Merchandising experience in a similar retail environment.
- Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
- Highest levels of Creative and Inspirational thinking.
- Problem solving and decision making across all areas on a daily basis.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across various functions and time zones.
- Develops and motivates individuals & teams to achieve goals.
- Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance store performance and presentation.
- Interacts effectively with fans & staff.
- IT literate.
- Well organized and focused.
- Able to prioritize workload and manage change.
- Work as part of a team with a flexible approach.
- 40 hours a week working shifts.
- Regular weekend and evening work required.
- Occasional need for international travel.
- Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.