Manual Product Tester Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 24 views
Working as part of our product delivery teams, you will perform both functional and non-functional testing of our mobile and web applications, ensuring that they perform as expected and they meet our very high standards. We are looking for someone who will advocate for testing throughout the lifecycle of the product and who takes pride in ensuring we are releasing good quality software that helps our customers.
In this role, you’ll work with our engineers building mobile and web applications to assist them in their testing. We aim for a very high level of test automation across our applications so we can deploy to production many times a day. Our engineers are responsible for understanding the desired behaviour of the code they are writing and testing.
As a manual product tester, you will work closely with engineering, designers and product managers to help improve the quality of what we deliver. You will be expected to use your own initiative to determine the best approach to testing and validating features for a particular feature, as well as planning and executing regression testing. You are looking for the missed edge cases, verifying behaviour on various devices or platforms. You’ll monitor and drive improvements, and communicate identified risks or issues to the wider team.
What we would like from you:
• Experience working under their own initiative, in an autonomous manner, collaborating with all areas including engineers, product designers and product managers
• 2+ years experience testing ideally with mobile applications across both iOS and Android
• Comfortable conducting exploratory testing on pre-release builds
• Able to analyse risk, severity, and impact of issues identified and work with the wider team to prioritise and resolve them
• Maintain an adaptable, pragmatic approach to testing; switching modes to meet the needs of the bank
• Good understanding of user experience best practices and UX testing
• 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
• 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
• Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
• Contributory pension scheme
• We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
• Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
• Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
• Gym membership options.